8.0.1 Patch Not Installing

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Grumshank, Jan 19, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Grumshank

Grumshank Member

Hi!
    I've just started playing through the 8.0.0 New Content and I've run into the issues with the fear of ghosts quest. (Quest not mentioned in logbook after talking to ghosts and third ghost always remains - no monster spawns with the necessary quest items)

I've read through the fixes and downloaded the Ghostbusters zip but nothing happens.

So my theory is installing the 8.0.1 patch should fix this.

Problem: I try to install the patch but the installation process doesn't appear to complete. It only takes a few seconds and the green bar only gets about 10% across before it tells me that the installation was completed.

The only file which gets installed is this: Circle of Eight Modpack 8.0.1 - Release Notes.txt

Activating the TFE front end tells me that there are no addons installed.

I've tried re-downloading and reinstalling the 8.0.1 patch but I get the same result.

I've installed ToEE to C:\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil - is this the problem as it is not the default install path?

Any help would be welcome.

P.S. Massive kudos to all the people involved in putting the Co8 mods together through the years! I've played this game on and off for the last 6 years or so.

The difference between what I'm playing now and the vanilla version is like night and day. Fantastic effort!

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

You have installed TOEE in the ideal location.

In game if you click on the ? in the lower right corner and then click on the Circle of Eight what version do you get?

Also, after installing the "fix" did you go back to save before you started the quest?

3. Grumshank

Grumshank Member

Thanks for the reply Sirchet.

I should have mentioned in my first post that when I check the version in the game help it confirmed 8.0.0 was installed.

I haven't tried your other suggestion. I'll have a go tonight and let you know.

Cheers

4. Grumshank

Grumshank Member

OK so after installing the fix, I reloaded a previous save to when I had just arrived at Verbobonc and the same thing still occurs.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

The fix I was referring to is the one that is linked to my previous post, it should be installed after the .01 update.

I'm not home now, but if you search for the problem you're having you should be directed to the thread discussing it and the fix I was describing.

Our Host!