3.0.3 For Dummies

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Thumar, Jul 2, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Thumar

Thumar Member

Hi all,

I'm a certified techo-idiot, so pardon me if I ask any inane or obvious questions. I know I need to install the second official patch before the CO8 patch, but do I need to install any of the previous versions or just 3.0.3 (reading some fo the posts, I get the impression 3.0.3 encompasses everything prior, but I just want to make sure).

About the installation, is this a self-extracting thing? Do I need to specify which directory the files go in? Do I need to rename anything to make it all run smooth as silk? (Again, remember, I'm a computer doofus, so keep your audience in mind if you respond--don't assume I know much of anything here).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Pebz

Pebz Member

You only need the latest Co8 patch (3.0.3 in this case).

To install:

1) Download the Co8 patch here

2) Get winrar here and install it.

3) Open ToEE_Circle_of_Eight_Release_303.rar and extract all its content to where you installed ToEE.

Then you are set to go.

3. Thumar

Thumar Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm not familair with winrar, Is that just a tool to install certain kinds of files/software/whatever? Do you ave to pay for winrar?

4. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Winrar is similar to Winzip, it just uses a different (and usually more efficient) compression method. I think it's shareware, but afaik it remains functional even when the trial period is over.

5. Thumar

Thumar Member

I'm not morally opposed to shareware, but is it possible to install the patch without Winrar? (That's probably a silly question, but hey)

6. gandalf333

gandalf333 Member

7. Thumar

Thumar Member

Thanks. I appreciate the information and help.

8. Thumar

Thumar Member

OK, I installed the patch to the TOEE folder, but I must have done something wrong, because the merchant doesn't give me any dialogue options for masterwork weapons. What did I miss?

9. Thumar

Thumar Member

Never mind. Dumber than I thought. I figured out what I was doing wrong. Wrong directory, of coure). D'oh.

Our Host!