2 ?'s

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by vegaskane, Oct 6, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. vegaskane

vegaskane Member

1. Installed your patch shortly after my npc's graphically dissapeared. And I couldnt fire or kill them to get them to leave. Is this a known issue and is it the patch or the game.

2. Noticed some fixes... me and my friends sugest the following. The concenrated search needs fixing. The way it works now doesnt seem to work all the time the right way. In fact one door I know should be there I cant find with my elf-10 spot 10 search. Doesnt even give me a sucess or failure.

2. quarthinos

quarthinos Member

I've noticed that whenever my party gets near a secret door, the computer rolls the search atempt for me, and if I'm not paying close attention, I miss it. Try to walk through the door you think should be there, and you may be suprised.

3. JHunz

JHunz Member

Right - if you've already found the door and didn't notice, usually no special icon shows up to tell you you've found it. This is especially likely when you've got an elf, since they roll searches automatically when near secret doors.

4. Wilson

Wilson Member

The thing about the disappearing npc is not due to the patch. It seems to be a very rare bug, and only a few on the atari forums have mentioned it. Its not even in the ataricommunity bug list. Someone tell me why....

5. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

Actually race doesn't matter, whenever any party member gets near a secret door then it does a check(i have only humans and it does it for me) Only doors that change maps will put up an icon that shows they are there :( I wish it'd have a normal door icon that would appear in doorways because I often overlook even non-secret ones that don't clear darkness enough around them.

Try stepping one spot beyond the known secret door and see if it opens for you :)

6. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

If you know where a secret door is but don't know how to get it to activate, have a character with a few points in spot to use SEARCH (CONCENTRATED) at the location to detect it. If you have a high spot you won't need to do that.

Our Host!