Livonya's Beta 1.0 Mod.zip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

thats cool it adds more balance to the game if they do that. im not really familier with 3rd edition rules i still use modified 2nd edition rules.

2. Yavathol

Yavathol Member

Craft Wands bug

I have just given Craft Wand to my 5th level mage, and he can now create a Wand of Heroism even though he doesn't know the spell; it isn't listed as a pre-requisite. I think the same also goes for Scorching Ray :whatsup:

3. magao

magao Member

On a similar note, my cleric can create a wand of reincarnation. Can't use it, but can create it.

4. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Unfortunantly, I didn't add those items.

I am not 100% sure how the Craft Items scripts work. But I will see what I can do.

Hopefully Allyx can help on this one?

- Livonya

5. magao

magao Member

Barbarian speed

Not sure what's caused this, but my level 8 dwarven barbarian with fast movement has a 10' move (rather than 30'). I've removed all items and rested. I'd noticed him moving slowly some time ago, but hadn't checked why.

His feats are:

Combat Expertise
    Dodge
    Improved Uncanny Dodge
    Mobility
    Uncanny Dodge
    Fast Movement

Have any of these been modified at all?

6. Livonya

None of those were modified by me. You might have a spell permanancy problem. Did you check all your stats? Try going to Jaroo to get the spell permanancy fix.

- Livonya

7. Livonya

Okay, I figured this out.

It will take me a while to fix, but I will get it fixed.

- Livonya

8. magao

magao Member

No permanency, no affected stats. Interestingly though, my speed is now back.

Also interestingly, armours are sometimes displaying their max speed, but usually not - for example:

Full plate armour:
    Max DEX Bonus: +1 Max Speed: -

Sometimes it displays the max speed correctly, but most of the time it's like that.

9. magao

magao Member

Note sure if it's related, but indicative of a significant bug, possibly even memory corruption (although the error is somewhat consistent) - see attached image. In particular, the following lines:

Lishin0hits Troll!
    Lishin sneak attacks0Troll!
    Troll takes 17 p0ints of Nonlethal damage

A zero (0) is being substituted in the text at times.

Attached Files:

10. Rook Hudson

Rook Hudson Member

Some concerns

Livonya, I don't know you, but I admire what you are doing. I have three concerns however:

1) Low level characters must be allowed a reasonable way to advance in level and survive in the process. Please don't make everything too hard or death rates among low level starting parties will soar, and the game will be, I think, less enjoyable to many. Most low level characters are very weak. Don't make them even weaker, relative to the things they encounter (i.e. the ogre in the moathouse, or traps in Emridy Meadows or Moathouse). There is a fine line, I think, between something being too easy, and being too difficult and maybe only after repeated playtesting of your mods will the balance be found but finding the balance makes for a great game.

2) I am concerned that you (and other modders) might modify this game too much and change it out of all recognition into some other game (which might be an improvement, I don't know). I like the basic idea of TOEE and I just want to see it improved but remain basically the same game (if this sounds confusing I apologise). The game mechanics and engine can certainly be used in other role-playing computer games, but TOEE should still feel like TOEE when the mods are all done. Again, this is a fine line, I think: not enough modification and the bugs and problems remain but too much modding and the game is no longer recognisable as TOEE except in some outward superficial sense. Complex, yes, solvable, hopefully yes, hard work ahead, unfortunately, probably yes, yes, yes. (I wish I had the skills to fix TOEE and help out, but I don't ...)

3) I am concerned for you. I have an image of you going slowly insane, pulling out your hair in frustration as the number of bugs increases as you solve each new bug; i.e. you fix one bug and three or ten more result from your fix. Don't get so caught up in this that you are end up going mad and your health suffers in the process (and you end up in an early grave). As I wrote above, I don't know you, but I admire you for your efforts re: TOEE, but I hope this love you have for the game doesn't become a proverbial mill-stone around your neck.

I mean no offense by all this. I am just a little concerned, that's all.

Good Luck with what you are doing anyway.

11. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Just a general question, has anyone else noticed Fruella looting wands if that is the only item which can be looted?

12. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I played mod 1.0 4 times, each with a fresh install in the recommended order and I don't know what to think. I got to the water temple once, and I got CTD's sometimes. Ive just been fooling around looking at stuff, etc. I've played all the way through many times the last couple of months and I'm ready for some new and different content. The game needs more new content and I"m really happy the modders are working on it. I really want to see what 1.5 looks like and how it plays.

13. magao

magao Member

Dunno about Fruella, but Serena and Riana both will loot wands - sometimes even if there is something else to loot.

14. Livonya

I don't think I have made anything too hard. There are very, very, very, very few instances where I actually made anything harder. For the most part I just corrected problems that were stopping the game from working properly (which does sometimes make it harder, but it should have always been that hard).

You can choose not to use my mod. If you think this happens then don't use it.

Tell me about it. I feel like that right now. I have fixed so many problems, but people keep finding new ones. 99% of the time they are not my fault, but I try to fix them anyways. A good portion of these so called "bugs" are due to the fact that people don't understand the rules or they are being caused by the players actions in game... it gets frustrating.

Once I release 1.5 I am taking a break and will instead play the game.

- Livonya

15. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Good for you Liv' great work so far.

On this note, open Item_creation.mes, at the bottom add a new line, add the number of the item, then in the next column type {"S#####"} Where ##### is the name of the spell needed to create the item, and save. there are some other things you can add as prerequisites "A###" is alignment, "F###" is a feat.

Sorry I can't be more helpfull but my internet connection at home is down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!