Wand Crafting

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by taltamir, May 12, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

based on this thread: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8055

I have run into an interesting problem. I need to limit certain wands to certain classes. however, AFAIK you can't do that.
    I have then come up with the idea of using the "Simple Weapon Proficiency Wizard" etc feats as a way to do that.
    Problem is that "Simple Weapon Proficiency (Wizard)" and "Simple Weapon Proficiency Wizard" both result in a crash when using the craft wand menu...
    I verified its not the existence of a feat requirement, because I was able to add in craft rod as a requirement to a wand.

It is not the case that there is only a few specific "approved" feats, because I also tried it with the Track feat.
    So it seems to be an issue of notation. Simply put, the above names are not how the game refers to those weapon proficiency feats internally.

AFAIK, you supposedly could use ID#s instead of proper name... for spells at least. But I do not see any feats in the protoss.tab file which makes me think they are hard coded, or that I don't know how to search.

I guess a workaround would be to create various class feats such "Feat: Wizard", give it to specified class, and then check that they have that feat...
    Actually that would probably work out quite well...

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I dare say there is a good reason for this, but why not just check for the class?

3. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

how? there is not a single crafting item that checks for class. only level, feats, spell known, and alignment.

Our Host!