This begs the question—

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Spider Dwarf, Apr 30, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

This begs the question—Would it not be nice to obtain the artwork they used but in higher quality? I recognize, but cannot recall from where, that the overlay to be used in the splash screen for an upcoming mod comes from an old TSR product. Please refresh my memory Gaear. It only took me moments to add my version of the Evil Lady to the Mod 5.8 splash. And just who is she?

I would just love to meet "Steve" and get down on my knees and beg! You know somewhere there just has to be a list of all the various console commands available.

Attached Files:

2. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Re: TOEE Wands are utterly worthless

There's a huge list here already. I never use the console but I have seen the thread.

3. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

Yes, yes, I agree. Problem is, and please forgive me for this, I am talking about, perhaps, a Wordpad file containing them. Just a list without the chatting would be extremely useful. I have also seen some console commands buried in other threads. It gets confusing to a certain group of people, like myself. <g> Whereas to my thinking if they were all collected and put in one central file, updated regularly by some smart ToEE person, then it would be easier as a knowledge base.

Along those same thoughts I would like to share this little tidbit. As an exercise I just created a party of five and got 79pp, 24gp, 34sp and 41cp for starting. Conversely I created a party of six and got an amount only minimally better— 1pp and 5gp plus a little each of the other two. I can only assume that it is a random number not dependent on the number of party members. This would be a case where a person in the know would definitely use the console.

That is the reason I enjoy this list and this game so much. The gameplay is better in my opinion than Baldur's Gate. And the list accepts differing opinions even if at times they can grate on one's nerves. This fosters an atmosphere condusive to understanding more the mechanics of both the computer and the pen and paper game.

My apologies if this is off thread.

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Search "Console Commands" in the title. Maybe it should be stickied.

5. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

google for "co8 console" or "co8 console commands" etc... its the first result...
    here is the link: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1676

and yea, it probably should be stickied.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That thread? It is stickied.

We already have access to absolutely every asset in the game via the DAT files.

If you're talking about the image with the balor, that was the inside cover of the ToEECRPG box. I got it from the interweb and modified it for our use. The concept may have been 'borrowed from' to an extent by Troika artist Chris Glenn, but it's most definitely a Glenn original itself, just like the portraits of those stock ToEE Pcs.

And no, we are not going to be asking Steve for lists of console commands ... that sort of flies in the face of my remark that we don't pester him for little things.

I feel the need to point out again that using the console voids your Co8 'warranty,' since we can no longer be sure of the integrity of your install if you do that. Any console users who post bugs should state up front that they have used the console. To not do so corrupts our testing data.

7. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

Thanks GA & Ta... and yes, I had already seen that posting plus many, many others. If you dig threw all of the various threads and postings you will find quite a few others. What I am talking about is a simple, or perhaps a bit more complex, text file.

Cujo's starting of that thread was quite ambitious and useful. But if you go to the end (#142) many of them are postings that while useful in that they say, "No that cannot be done," the proposed text file would be easier. And then like I said, a single person knowledgable about the console can add to or delete items from the list. I can, and will, take those that have been vetted to be accurate and create a PDF of them. But there are many that are mysterious to me, a newbie, and those I would not know how to handle. Gaear and ShiningTed are just too busy with other things and we cannont impose even more upon them.

I had done a search and my mind was boggled at how many. But I could not find a way to narrow it down. I just now noticed the Search this Thread option. Maybe a Help or a User Manual would have been nice and thus I would not have been so confused on just how to use/search this BB program.

8. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

Understood Bossman Gaear. <g> I didn't realize that consoling gold voided our "warranty." No need to go any further.

And as for the artwork I was more speaking of higher resolution files. More can be done with them than the 72ppi versions. But I'll glady take whatever passes down the river of life. I'm enjoy the new mod.

9. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Isn't starting gold a random number based on class, as per the PHB? Game randomizes the number per class, then adds them up, monk get very little to start with, paladin more.

Our Host!