Circle of Eight Modpack v5.7 Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Dec 27, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Its an extra I made, but should be working straight up, since its an original SRD spell, not an optional extra. Bugger. I'll look into it since there is one extra spell I want to do for the next release.
    These are responses to you having specific reputations: I'm gonna guess you killed Mickey or Corl, and won the drinking contest, respectively.

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The elven chainmails are hard to get and heavily guarded so they should be worth a lot of money. Fighting Smigmal Redhand for her blue chain isn't the easiest part of the game. The purple is in a 100+HP Behemoth frog. The game writers sure made them hard to get. Good thing they work good.

3. Boque

Boque Member

Hey all,

Running Co8 5.7.2

A couple of issues :

1. When picking Exotic Weapon Proficiency you don't get a weapon at char creation for :
    Butterfly sword (Is this even in the game?)
    Siangham
    Monk Spade
    Kama
    Tonfa
    Orc double axe you get a Battleaxe.

A related but weird bug is when I select hand crossbow the game crashes to desktop when going into the inventory, but looks like you get a normal crossbow as uses that model.

A nitpick when selecting the shuriken you only get 1, and there is only 1 for sale in the shopmap.

2. When multiclassing to a cleric and picking the trickery domain all points added to bluff/hide only get added as half points, this doesn't happen if you create your char as a cleric. The same happens for the travel domain and the survival skill.

3. When picking Martial Weapon Proficiency you don't get a weapon at char creation for :
    Light Pick
    Battleaxe
    Longsword
    Scimitar

The missing longsword also causes the additional bug for clerics who pick the war domain with Corellon Larethian or Heironeous also dont get the longsword at char creation.

Sorry if these have already been found! And thanks for the great mod!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  4. Shiningted

I don't think we actually have hand crossbows, that should be removed.

5. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

in the temple I find "holy ranseur". However, interacting with it via the craft arms and armor interface shows it as having only the +1 attribute and no holy. This mean you can make it a holy holy ranseur with potentially bad results.
    I'd check but I didn't know the good domain is required to craft holy weapons so I haven't selected it unfortunately.

EDIT: I see now that it is an issue with all attributes. If the character doing the crafting does not have the ability to craft a certain ability, then it's "blank" when they look at it. It doesn't seem to adversely affect crafting...

I did however notice that holy does piercing damage instead of holy damage.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  6. Mortificator

Mortificator Member

Thanks for the responses!

Oh, I didn't know there were status effects that don't show up by your character portraits. I guess something the wizard cast on the cleric while fooling around caused it.

OK, that makes sense. I guess the lines seemed like they might not be supposed to be there because they aren't voiced, but that's kind of unavoidable if Co8 added them.

7. taltamir

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dismissal.htm
    the dismissal spell's description in TOEE is backwards, it specifies that the DC on the will save to resist it is:
    DC = spell’s save DC + creature’s HD - your caster level

However, the correct value according to SRD (and sanity) is:
    DC = spell’s save DC - creature’s HD + your caster level

According to TOEE the higher your level the WEAKER your dismissal gets, and the more powerful the creature you are trying to dismiss, the STRONGER your dismissal attempt gets.
    This is obviously backwards.

Whether or not the actual spell follows this formula, or it is just a typo in the in game documentation I do not know.

8. taltamir

the quest tubal collection agency where tubal asks you to get antonios mace (both are helpers of the fire priest) should fail if you kill them. (can't give tubal antonios mace if you killed tubal)

9. mithrandir

mithrandir Member

I was going around the Moathouse when I encountered a weird crash that now happens everytime I try to change floor.

I first went in the moathouse, cleared the entrance, went downstair and fought the undeads. Then I went back to the back entrance and fought the brigands, but now everytime I go either downstair (where I already went earlier) or upstair (through the secret stair near the back entrance), ToEE crash with an error in temple.dll. I can change regular maps just fine, I can also go back to Homlett etc.

10. taltamir

a character (a rogue if it matters; might be related to backstabbing) with a bow and greater invisibility causes enemies to get attacks of opportunity against it when it attacks someone with a bow despite being invisible

11. taltamir

black puddings are gods (they shouldn't be):
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/ooze.htm

It should split into a pudding with half the health...
    I encountered one with 160 HP, I hit it once it became 2 of 137 HP.
    137 became 2x 124
    124 became 2x 115
    115 became 2x 113
    113 became 2x 112
    112 became 2x 109
    109 became 2x 108
    108 became 2x 106
    106 became 2x 106 gen 2
    106 gen2 became 2x 107
    107 became 2x 109
    109 became 2x 108...

Ok I think I have recorded enough splittings. Basically the split mechanism is completely broken.
    Note, that the list is of "offspring" order... that is, I did not diverge and I avoided hitting anyone but splits which are the most furthest removed from the original

EDIT: Ochre jellies seem to be the same

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  12. taltamir

The following is a crafting bug:
    [​IMG]

How to reproduce:
    craft a weapon with:
    +1
    +2
    +3
    Flaming
    Frost
    Shock
    Icy Burst
    Shocking Burst

(so far, no problems)...

next, open craft arms and armor, select the previously crafted weapon, add flaming burst to it.
    Price becomes:
    -99500 GP
    -7960 XP

This isn't just cosmetic, clicking craft actually increases your GP (actually it seems to be given out in copper pieces which breaks the interface somewhat). And your crafter actually gains 7960XP.

A few more crafting and everything breaks apart completely.

I recall a similar issue with vanilla but I thought it had been squashed.
    Regardless, there it is.
    EDIT: wait, I remember now... it was made obsolete due to Co8 implementing proper level requirements on weapon crafting. With vanilla you could get this bug before level 10, with co8 you cannot get it before level 12. But thanks to the level uncapper, you can reach level 12 and thus reach this bug.

I think it will again be made irrelevant if the burst enchantments are fixed, as per the thread: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7978

PS. Also, please make burne's shop, the jewler shop, and the cleric in st cuthbert's church's shop have cycling inventories, their inventories fill up in the later stages of the game and it causes problems. (forcing you to sell magic wares / jewlery to brother smyth, who pay half as much as they would, which is already pretty low unless you max out appraise).

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  13. taltamir

Sargen, the mad wizard in the earth node that thinks you are a demon, will not properly disband when his quest is complete. He says he leaves, and he disappears, but it still shows him on my party menu, if I select all party members it has a circle where he used to stand which can move around... shortly thereafter the game breaks.

I tried several time and its the same result

EDIT: Interesting result, it only fails if I bring him to homlet, if I go to nulb then he properly leaves the party.

14. taltamir

enemies killed with holy word do not give XP.
    Tried a couple of time with bodaks from fire node. they give 300 XP per bodak to each PC when killed. If killed with holy word they give no XP at all.

15. Shiningted

Were you in combat?
    They're not voiced because they are from a generic file (which makes them stand out as un-Burne-like). Co8 additions would have been superior.
    WIP.
    Detail these bugs by all means, but unless Morpheus comes back, I doubt many of them can be fixed.
    I don't think these can be easily fixed.
    Holy in general? The ranseur should do piercing damage with additional holy damage, surely?
    Au contraire, Mr T, you forget our gaming universe has a Raise Dead spell. The game actually is set up to take into account the possibilty you might bring people back (now that I fixed the san_resurrect bug ;))
    That one we can fix :)

Our Host!