Starcraft II looms over us all....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necroticpus, Mar 23, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

It's coming. Pretty soon. I'm going to go ahead and predict June or July. And check it out...

PC Minimum Requirements

Connectivity : Broadband connection

Hard Drive Space : 4 GB free hard space (Beta)

Operating System : Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7

Processor : 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor

RAM : 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7

Video Card : 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card

I thought I was gonna have to buy a new $1000 computer for this and Diablo III but if Diablo is around the same specs, I'm already set. Giggity.

It's crunch time when it releases. I'll have to decide if I'm going to quit my prostituting for UHC and concentrate on important things, like Starcraft II and Diablo III.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I went through an RTS phase: C&C, Warcraft I & II, Warlords: BattleCry, Age of Empires etc. Loved them all.

Except StarCraft: I just couldn't get through it. I have tried twice to complete the original and never got more than 2/3 of the way (start of the Protoss campaign, for memory). Other than the irelevance of the plot to the repetitive nature of the gameplay, there was just something subtly different about it that I didn't like but could never put my finger on.

Just me, I guess :shrug: In South Korea, the Starcraft champions are megastars and their fans would probably hunt me down for such blasphemy.

3. vampiricpuppy

vampiricpuppy cuddly nosferatu

i buy a lot of games for their multiplayer component these days, i never completed starcraft either, but that didnt stop me from playing it heaps :)

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

What was the last wacky alien phase, Zerg? I never got into that part.

5. Necroticpus

It's official! July 27th, 2010! Good thing I don't have a job yet. Probably won't have a job again until the end of the year sometime. Actually, it might not be until sometime in the next year as Diablo 3 comes out in the last quarter of this year.

"So many social engagements, so little time."

Maybe I'll have to resort to a victimless crime to support myself, like going around in certain neighborhoods and stealing everyone's welfare and SSI checks on the first of the month. :poke:

It's victimless because I am motivating them to get out of the house to look for a real job instead of popping out a baby every 9 months so everyone else but them can support it. Totally altruistic on my part. :yes:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  6. Necroticpus

I am starting to become concerned after watching many beta gameplay starcraft 2 videos on youtube. I'm getting the feeling that it's going to be another flopola, just exactly the way Warcraft 3 was. And it is because of the graphics over gameplay, just like warcraft 3. I think Blizzard's time in the spotlight has just about run it's course. Time will tell.

7. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Have you read any of the PC gamer articles on this game? Might change your outlook.

8. Necroticpus

I've now read the two latest PC Gamer articles on Starcraft 2. I hope they are right in saying that the beta testers haven't seen even a fraction of the game and all that beta testing was really about was to gauge the workability of Battle.Net. That, and they are actively trying to avoid the mistakes they made with Warcraft 3. I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best. Man, they better not mess this up, or else. Or else I might only buy the regular Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 games and not the double expensive collector's editions. That'll show them.

9. Necroticpus

Now I'm pissed. The requirements are at 2.2 Ghz. My machine is at 2.19. That means I do have to buy another computer. There's another $1000 down the drain. :blegh:

10. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

So, is it out now?

11. Necroticpus

Yes. it's out now. This is one of the things that may make the difference in korea's nuclear war threats. They aren't going to want to go to war when Starcraft II just came out. The game is their national sport and passtime. Their whole society is based upon Starcraft.

12. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

So, South Korea will not start a war now. But what if North Korea decides to use this time to strike?!

Now, to serious matters - did you try the game already?

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

It's breakfast time - they never strike before breakfast. ;)

14. Necroticpus

Misfortunately, I can't. You need a 2.2 Ghz processor and my current machine is merely 2.19 Ghz. I need .03 more Ghz before I can run it. So, I have to buy a whole new machine first.

15. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Well worth the expense.

I avoid playing the old game because it is so complicated and interesting, and time-consuming. Besides, I need to buy a new machine to run Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Dragon Age, as well as Starcraft 2. And the Fall semester starts in a couple of weeks.

Our Host!