CoE mod and original manual

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Antares, Mar 16, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Antares

Antares Member

I just installed TOEE, the first two official patches and version 5.7.2 of the CoE mod. My question is this (and sincere apologies if it has been asked and answered, my search skills are feeble, I fear): I haven't played the vanilla version of the game at all, so I wanted to know whether the information included in the manual is valid for the mod.

Thank you in advance for your time.

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Almost all of it still valid. But it won't contain information on the new material. Mostly that won't be a problem.

3. Antares

Antares Member

I found a thread detailing some changes in quests and such, but (obviously) it includes spoilers, so I'll pass on that for the time being. But as long as the game mechanics are the same, more or less, the manual will suffice.

Thank you very much for your reply.

4. windmillcrusadeR

windmillcrusadeR Windmillcrusader

actually, i've learned of stuff that i didn't know existed even in the last 6 months, and i've been playing since late winter in 2004.

the spoilers are interesting.

add a 3rd or 4rth party member with very low intel (like a 7), with at least 16 charisma
    pick low intel fighter voice

and make sure he's a cleric with higher diplomacy skills. then have him interact with npcs.

totally funny

Our Host!