Online games for work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necroticpus, Jan 24, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

My kid hipped me to these flash games that he plays all the time online from two different websites...

www.armorgames.com
    www.newgrounds.com

There's some really extraordinary games on these sites. And you can play them at work!

My current 2 favorites are from Armorgames. There one game called Crush The Castle and another called Gemcraft Chapter Zero. The gemcraft one is really outstanding. It's all about defense and you have to stop these bugs that move along a certain path to get to your wizard's tower. You can level up, take skills to improve your defenses and there's a lot a lot of maps. I think you can reach 70th level. I'm 16th level after playing for a little less than a week and it's hard as hell.

2. Zephyr8965

Zephyr8965 Member

Lol, I played gemcraft for a while, then the sequel (which is the one you're talking about). Very well-made games for flash games. I'm actually getting into making flash games. Slowly, but yeah. My favorite site for flash games is Kongregate.com because they build an achievement system into the games on their site as well as having a chat app that loads along with your game so you can talk to other people on the site in between smooshing things in flash games.

3. maalri

maalri Immortal

It may seem like a kids site, but Neopets is free, and has HUNDREDS of Flash Games, I think they invented them :) But they have Flash games very similar to all the old Arcade Games, and may, many new and creative ones...

4. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I have been playing gemcraft for the last day and have gotten nothing done. Damn you Necro.

5. Necroticpus

MAN! I just spent the last 45 minutes doing the endurance run on one of the maps. I got it up to 28th wave, which is super insane. Every freakin' tile on the path had at least one really tough bug on it and my towers and traps were snapping off like !@#$%^& firecrackers but they still could not contain the bugs. They just get out of control. I just gotta remember not to swear out loud at work while wearing my headphones, lol.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  6. Zephyr8965

Zephyr8965 Member

Rofflemow

Yay for getting fired for screaming swear words at a computer!

7. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Necro have you beaten the bridge level? I cant kill the boss. I kill of his armor spawns, but he doesnt go down. I get him to about 50% with 5-6 lvl 4 gems. I am level 20 ish

8. Necroticpus

Nope haven't got the bridge level yet, pretty soon though.

9. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Turn back you fools before it's too late!!

10. Necroticpus

I just came damn close. I think the trick is to have 2 or more hexagon gems and the rest diamonds. It's tough though. You definietly need to have the initial mana skill way the hell up there though. I start the fight with like 1300 mana.

11. Necroticpus

I had the guardian down to below 10,000 health from 30,000. Now, that's something. Man, Gemcraft is frickin tough. I need to devote more time at work to it.

12. Necroticpus

Level 38 out of 70 and rising. Going to get ready for the next milestone of the game, the second of the arcane guardians. I think perhaps if I'm not careful, someone is going to find me decomposing in my computer chair, lying in my own filth. After the autopsy is done, they will come to the conclusion that I perished from lack of food and water while being crushed to death under a mountain of cigarette butts.

This having to go to work nonsense is really getting in the way of my gaming.

13. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

You should stop smoking. Then both hands will be free. ;)

14. Necroticpus

I am finished. I cannot get past level 56. I suck too much. I could skeeze my way into seeing higher levels by copying someone else's previously beaten game into my gemcraft chapter zero profile but that would be crappy. Time to check out another flash game. I am very sad because most likely there isn't another one out there that can even come close to comparing to gemcraft, but you never know.

15. I have been playing gemcraft too, I past level 20...but I don't play it at work....

Our Host!