War of the Golden Skull Release: General Commentary and Discussion

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, Aug 17, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Re: War of the Golden Skull

This is what happened to me on two different installations. I select the appropriate conversation with Berne, the road appears, and nothing is there. Furthermore, the game freezes when I select a location on the world map and I have to restart.

2. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Re: War of the Golden Skull

I just found a cool little bug yesterday with it. Anytime you see Burne after you get the skull, it triggers the war of golden skull dialog. If you don't start the events by giving the skull to him for safekeeping, it still places all of the Hextor bad guys AND the good guys at the elder's house for the beginning fight. So, you can skip the whole scout the road thing and go and murder all the Hextor bad guys AND the good guys and get an asston of experience.

Then you can continue on with the rest of the golden skull mod if you wish or save it for later. I highly advise saving it until the end because you will waste a serious amount of experience if you do it too early, provided you can even deal with the fights at all beforehand, as unlikely as that is. I can't see anyone below 14th level having any chance of success at all.

Oh, and one more thing. If you don't give Burne the skull and do the elder house fight, you get to keep the skull and still carry on with the golden skull mod.

3. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

I've never been able to use this mod.
    If Burne sends me to the road there are a few piles of coins and nothing happens.
    If I go to the Hextor priest tell him I won't attack Hommlet kill him and get sent back, the bad guys tell Burne to give them the skull.
    I get the chance to hear more then apart from some buffing nothing happens.
    If I start the fight by attacking the Hextor guys both sides attack me.
    After which I get offered the castle everyone goes to the pub and then attack me everytime I bump into one of them.

4. Zephyr8965

Zephyr8965 Member

Hm...I'm new around here and to the ToEE modding and all that, but I recently found a little glitch with my game, (the 511 magic missile one) which I found out was because of my exe file being the wrong one. You might have the same problem.

http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=13706&postcount=5

There's the post with details on this issue.

5. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I've had the problem with the road map like many people here. The mod works just fine though, just trigger it from the Hextor Temple and it works normally.

6. GuardianAngel82

Where is the Hextor Temple?

7. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

In Verb. Go in the door with the guy in shiny armor and search for a secret door behind him.

8. Hugh Manetee

Does that mean you have to use the evil option only?

9. GuardianAngel82

So, go to Verbobnc. I can do that. Thanks!

10. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

No. You can refuse to hand over the skull to the priest blahblahblah you get transported straight into the fight on the good side w/o all the scouting the road nonsense.

11. Hugh Manetee

Yes I tried that before and bothsides attacked me.
    I'm starting a new game will try again.
    Thanks

12. Smarf

Smarf Member

I also had the problem with the road (maybe because I've gotten a random encounter there before?).

Still, I reloaded, went to the Hextor priest, boned him, then got sent to the house where both sides talked to me as if I had met them for the first time. Burne was even offering to send me to scout the road.

I got pissed, reloaded again and unloaded my quickened spells on them after taking the evil route.

13. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

bump for great justice

14. Zephyr8965

Zephyr8965 Member

And indeed pie.

15. Flak88

Flak88 Member

I tried to add this to an active game, but I don't get the dialog with Byrne to launch it. There is no way to give him the skull for safe keeping. Any thoughts or do I need to start a new game?

Our Host!