Portrait Packs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gaear, Oct 5, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Yea. Boobies are not inherently evil - and if you disagree, don't d/l them. Simple as that.

2. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Nudity is fine by me.

However from a potential litigation standpoint, a "nudity" disclaimer couldn't hurt.

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I'm pretty sure that bare breast and any frontal/back nudity requires a disclaimer. The pic I put up wouldn't need one. Most fantasy art sites don't bother with a disclaimer.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

If its an additional pack and gives fair warning, I'm ok with it.

5. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

two ways to look at it ... as a man ... i dont mind it at all, as a father??? well I really wouldn't want my 15 year old son to get them and then have his sisters walk in on him while he is playing..

You will not only need a disclaimer but in effect it will need to state that in downloading this pack you confirm that you are 18 years of age etc....

6. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I concur. I believe that the naked human body is something to be ashamed of and children should be taught at an early age how much of a social taboo it is to see bare naked skin of any kind from any part of a person. Nakedness is of the debil, a tool used to corrupt innocence and to tempt the wicked. As long as humans allow this to be a weakness, the debil will always win, and people like Barack Hussein Obomba will continue to be president of the united states of america, subsidy of Hell Inc.

7. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

i never said it was something to be ashamed of... I just dont want my younger daughters to get any wrong ideas, nor do I want to be a grandpa before they're married.

8. Necroticpus

I have no interest in hurting people's feelings or anything like that so please don't take this the wrong way but I feel that if your daughters become pregnant while underage, I don't think that it's going to be because of a softcore picture from a computer game. Just like Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner are not to blame for young children murdering other children or growing up to be serial killers, I don't think pictures are to blame for underage pregnancies or rapes. Pictures are harmless. If someone commits an immoral act because of a photo or a song or a show/movie, it's because of a defect of character or mental illness. Guns don't kill people. People do.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I think you guys are a bit off base with this. Co8 is not a corporate entity, so we really have no obligation to do anything at all. We could happily promote smut in our modpacks all day long and would suffer no dangers beyond possible pressure brought to bear to 'shut us down.' (Even this would be extemely unlikely, given that we probably don't reach significant enough numbers of people.)

That means that we're doing this disclaimer thing as a courtesy; we're not "required" to do anything at all. And within the context of courtesy, I don't think we can realistically assume any greater duties than to generally inform people. We can't and shouldn't assume the role of parent (whose job it is to oversee the activities of minors).

But this isn't that big a deal anyway (it's an elective add-on pack that will show some illustrated breasts), and we're headed down that infighting road I warned against already, so consider it case-closed. We'll use Royo's pictures as they were drawn and include a "nudity" statement in the title. End of story.

10. VentilatorOfDoom

VentilatorOfDoom Member

rofl americans and their fear of the naked human body :pinkkirby

No seriously, this other guy is right - nudity is evil and leads to young and fragile minds being corrupted by the temptations of Satan. Don't do it Gaear. Don't load this guilt upon your shoulders...

11. Zanderat

Zanderat Cosmic Lord

I was going to stay out of this, but.....

I am 35 years old. I have three kids, all under 10. Do I want them watching a video game that has nudity (or extreme violence)? No. Period.

If the portrait packs have nudity, it is fine for me. Not my kids, until they are mature enough to handle. Make it a choice. But really, this "Americans are prudes and evil" thing is ridiculous.

12. Thorsson

Thorsson Established Member

Who mentioned evil?

13. Zanderat

Zanderat Cosmic Lord

You're right. Sometimes sarcasm is lost on the internet.... :cool2:

14. Necroticpus

I originally said that nakedness is of the debil. I was being facetious but more importantly, I was trying to lure Emirkol The Chaotic into my trolltrap, and it succeeded!

15. Thorsson

Thorsson Established Member

Sorry my question was aimed at, "Americans are prudes and evil". 'Twas a jest.

Our Host!