Toee Will Not Run.......

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by gunslinger1, Feb 3, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. gunslinger1

gunslinger1 Member

I'm sure there help, but can't find it.
    Just installed TOEE, retail version, installed patch ver. 3
    Downloaded co8 front end and co8 5.0
    Before each install would try and run game.
    Atari logo
    Troika logo
    Wizards of the Coast logo

Bam.....back to desktop !

Sorry if this is not posted in the right forum, but can someone point me in the right direction ?

Really looking forward to playing this game !

Thanks

2. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

You have to install Atari patch 2, not 3. Co8 mods will
    not work with Atari patch 3.

3. LiamChgo

LiamChgo Member

Gunslinger, which version of Windows are you running? I have a new HP notebook that came with Vista preinstalled and I've been having problems with all of the Atari games that I've tried running on it. ToEE was running okay for a while, but then I started having problems with the saved games becoming corrupted and not loading again, and now I'm having the same problem that you describe where it quite the game and returns to the desktop just before the opening cinematic should play.

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Oh what a mess that is. If you installed the Atari Patch3 on your Atari Temple of Elemental Evil game, please install the Atari Patch2 overtop of your game and have it overwrite and replace the files. However, you have already installed the Co8 5.0.0 MOD. (and, possibly, also the Co8 5.0.x CMF) This may get messy.

Try this.
    Use the Add or Remove Programs and select to uninstall the Co8 5.0.0 MOD. (However, do not uninstall the game, only uninstall just the Co8 5.0.0 MOD.)
    Then, apply the Atari Patch1 to your game.
    Next, apply the Atari Patch2 to your game.
    Then, install the Co8 5.0.0 MOD on your game. (After installing the Co8 5.0.0 MOD, I would suggest you use the TempleFrontend.exe to start ToEEFE - set your checkbox options and click the Save Settings button, select Co8-5.0.0 in the list, and click the Launch the Temple of Elemental Evil button. Remember to select the checkbox option in ToEEFE to 'Clean Game Cache On Startup'. After the game starts, click Quit.)
    Finally, in Windows Explorer after the game has been exited and closed, apply the Co8 5.0.5 CMF to your game.
    Lastly, make a shortcut to the ToEEFE.exe file and place a copy of it on your desktop.

Hopefully, that should work. Best hopes, GS1.

If you have issues with the game running after doing those steps, I would suggest and recommend you uninstall the Co8 MOD and Atari ToEE game using the control panel Add or Remove Programs list, delete the remaining files, and start over with a new, clean install...follow Zeb's instructions.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  5. ben34

ben34 Member

I have a new XPS m1730 with Vista home premium service pack 1 and a 64 bit OS with
    8GB of RAM! and I can't seem to get vista to load the latest front end without a crash after I play the game one time then whenever I go to load it ever again it always crashes and I have to run a CLEAN installation all over again just to play it once! is there a way to fix this at all or is this just another vista casualty of a backward compatibility issue gone horrably wrong due to incompatence or just simply microsoft not putting out enough warnings when they sell there OS's because I already want to go back to XP but my 8GB of RAM is not able to go without the 64 bit OS that causes alot of problems enen on XP but mabey 8GB of ram on a 64 bit XP OS might cut the cake too! but its too late now since the XPS 1730 came stock with vista damn!

Our Host!