Nulb Input

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Jul 31, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Yes, but IIRC, even afterwards Mickey still shows up in Nulb at night.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Yeah, but they'd just be like the tolerated locals who are not in the gang that you see at biker bars. Strangers coming in, on the other hand, would cause problems.

I thought we fixed that. I'll take a look.

3. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I had thought there was a problem with recruitable NPCs changing their day/night(?) positions: they would lose their inventories.

Mickey does disappear from Nulb after dealing with him.

The sisters could either hang at the Boatman's (they're tough enough), or they could get a room at the Inn (and avoid the shitheads). Perhaps daytime Serena could help Mona while Riana gets some fresh air at the town center.

Maybe setup Preston with Mona at night.

Since Morgan "cannot" go back to Nulb, perhaps he could just runoff when dismissed rather than return to his cell.

Wicked, on the other hand, could hang out with Zaxis. Perhaps they should also have a place at the inn. If the inn is too crowded, Wicked could make it to Verbobonc.

4. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

This is the second time mentioned, Gaear!
    Give the old geezers some fun! :D

Yeah, that's something that bugs me.

Hum, dunno, wicked looks though and serious.
    maybe at Ah-Fong's shop?

5. Gaear

Preston getting together with Mona would be weird, imo, given that he had been trying to colect a debt from her. He wouldn't be one of her number one favorite guys.

So far I've:

1. Moved Mona into her own building after you give her 500 gold and get her orb back.

2. Moved Preston into one of his houses by night.

3. Left Otis as is.

Mona says she has reopened her shop and got all her property back (in vanilla dialogue). Should she have a shop? If so, what should she sell? There's already Screng's shop in town for scrolls and potions et al.

[edit]

I also put Grud Squinteye in a house by night and moved gay Bertram nearer to Tolub by day (near the ship, since he's Tolub's 'property') and outside the Boatmens' Tavern by night. Also more pirates in the Boatmen's, more Nulb villagers in the Hostel, and more villagers wandering around town. I was going to put Riana outside on the balcony of the snakepit but that didn't work.

[edit 2]

Also added some passage-of-time audio for when you're 'resting' at the brothel and increased the fade delay slightly so it looks like time is actually passing instead of just flickering out for a moment. Also changed the elapsed time per rest at the brothel to eight hours per. For some reason it had been set to 13.27 hours or something weird like that (48,800 seconds instead of 28,800 seconds).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  6. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Shoes! And Hats! Different colors to go with the dresses and cloaks. Can't remember if
    the dress and corset come in more colors than black, if not...more colors for them, too.

Wands and staffs in more colors.

Don't remember the last response to this request, but it would be nice if it could be done.

If that's out of the question...consider a tea shop. Heh.

7. Emirkol the Chaotic

You may not want to bother, I just realized my "Mickey" experience was from the last mod pack, not the newest.

I no longer have any idea what I'm talking about here.

8. Emirkol the Chaotic

Perhaps a nice "smoke" shop or a neighbourhood French Bistro. Or both. If it's the latter, it better have Absinthe for sale! The good stuff.

Adventurers need to eat and relax too and sometimes you jest get bored with the clientele, cuisine, and no-smoking policies at the Welcome Wench. Forget Nulb's offerings, too lower class.

9. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Mona is a gypsy and they are big on clothing. When I lived in Spain, the gypsies sewed/made really nice clothing, especially childrens clothes. If Mona had a shop, then it was probably a tailorshop. My daughter still has her gypsy sewn fair dress from 30+years ago. A high class tailorshop would be very cool with some expensive, fine looking stuff for rich and upcoming adventurers.

10. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Awesome.

dammit, can't wait to try the new stuff!

Well, everyone else has a good point, clothes et all could be fine (and gods know i've done enough of them :p )...but that would make the tailor useless at Hommlet...unless you want to do some complicated fedex quest in which you make some commercial trade route or the like.

Why not make her buy/sell "useless" and/or non-magical stuff?

Like the many maps, notes, the hemlock, etc...just a few coins for each, but you'll have them there if you want them back. A kind of pawn shop, basically.
    being a gipsy, it wouldn't be too weird if she have all manners of musical instruments, maybe one or two masterwork...

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

1. no, bussiness is good outside the brothel, its just like thailand
    2. maybe to a pub, but a man like him is always up to something, many fingers in many pies as it were.
    3. I'd say a blacksmith would operate by his tools, namely an anvil and forge (that being said i thought anvils were solid metal and couldn't be opened)
    4. where else are they going to go, Detroit?
    5. in a bar or just outside one at the very least.

12. Boque

Boque Member

Didn't really want to start a new thread about this and is along the same lines as NPC placement. Is it possible to make NPC's disapear as soon as you remove them from your party, as i killed one of my NPC's (Yep im evil) at one location and their dead body got spawned in their usual standing location, different to the place i killed them in! Can only imagine that some town folk with to much time on there hands dragged the dead body back to where their friend was always hanging out!

13. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I'd say Mona is a fortuneteller, and her "shop" just refers to her fortunetelling business. IMO she doesn't need to sell anything but her fortunes and maybe rumors - gypsy fortunetellers would hear a lot of rumors, especially if they're good at what they do, don'tcha think?

14. Gaear

Not too sure about the clothing and tea, etc., as the clothing is already available elsewhere and food and drink are kind of pointless ...

Plus, as erkper says, she's a fortune teller by trade, not a goods merchant. But she does say something about buying back her stuff, whatever it may be.

I'd really rather not add new quests at this point, because we're trying to eliminate the XP bulge.

A shop for useless junk would be kind of interesting in an RP way I suppose, but ultimately kind of meaningless imo and maybe not worth the effort.

That's a pretty good idea, except that he'd probably get drawn into the inevitable fights that occur at those places, be killed, and then be unavailable to give quests and information and sell you the house.

Let's hope not, for their sake. It just seems unlikely that Riana would get liberated from the brothel and then go back there anyway, or that Serena would go hang out with Mona, who oppressed her rather severely. I'm leaning toward Ted's suggestion of "gone forever."

Maybe fortunes, rumors, some odd potions etc. and a few clothing items is the answer, ultimately. As it is, beyond her telling your one fortune, there's no reason to go back and see her.

Thanks for all the input.

15. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Being so ignorant, I don't know how difficult it would be, but maybe she gives massages, expensive ones, and they restore health. Or dances and that restores your health.

Mona could play some type of musical instrument and Riana or someone else could do
    the dancing. If the dancing girls are contracted, then that might make up for the previous
    arrangements...pay the fee to the girls, they pay some to Mona? Put a rug in the place and the adventurers could sit on it and drink tea while the girls dance. Pay Mona for the tea, the girls for dancing. Sort of eastern in feel...gypsies were originally eastern Europe I believe, anyway. Or close.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
Our Host!