Verbobonc and Welkwood bog, or, 'You guys are making it hard to finish this game'

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by oudeis, May 11, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. oudeis

oudeis Member

So I've been reading about Welkwood bog for a while now, and I just saw Gaear's post about the renovation of downtown Verbobonc, so now I have to put my ToEE on hold until these are done. I had an absolute blast in V-town the last time through, but my 8-person party has just reached the 1st level of the Temple and I think they might be a bit too high-level for the challenges there (they are in spitting distance of level 9). I don't know what Welkwood bog will be like but I suspect the same would be true of there. I know we will all know more about the ETA for these two at the appropriate time, but can anyone give even a blue-sky guess for how far out that time might be? I'm not asking about a hard release date, just an idea as to when we might know when a release date might be. I might just restart so I can hit these areas at the appropriate level, anyway, but I still have that little-kid-bouncing-in-the-back-seat-'Are-we-there-yet?' eagerness to see these.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. maalri

maalri Immortal

Finish it with your group and run the game again from scratch when the new content comes out! That way you can compare the experiences.

<----- Not a modder so I can't help with a release dae, but I am waiting for it -bouncing in the back seat- also so I can run my (Oh I don't know) 8th or 10th time through :)

3. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Another bouncing in the back seat here!
    Hehe!

I, actually playing KotB, and I believe that ToEE will wait till the new mode with Elkwood and maybe Verbobonk renovated downtown (strange to use this word; In portuguese, the "cidade baixa" - down town - is the poor part of any city... Anyway...) come for us.

But shall I ask something abouth this "news from Greyhawk": There was not some kind of intention to make a map, or a quest about that boat in Nulb? I remember to see something like a map for the inside of that vessel...

By the way: I just need to say that I realy, realy love this game - that is the lone game instaled on my PC actually... - and I am very glad to the Co8 guys that made this thing possible!

Many thanks pals!

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Thanks for your enthusiasm guys, but the release date can best be described as "not any time soon." Unfortunately RL has a way of limiting the time you can spend working on these things. One day though.

5. oudeis

oudeis Member

How long is 'not any time soon', roughly speaking? No one is thinking days, or in the next couple of weeks, but are you projecting by Fall, before Winter, or sometime next year?

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Unfortunately I can't say, because I don't know. If I said "we're looking at next fall" but then RL intervened and prohibited that, no one would be happy. It's slow going under normal conditions; even slower when you're not able to work on it at all.

7. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

Actually, I did do the inside but we had issues of freezing in Nulb after it... and the general consensus was that the respawn of the swamps was a little hard with the number of Black Dragons... and since RL interferred I had to put it on the back burner.. if anyone still has the files available I can try and skim it down but it would need to go to the end of the game like the rest...

The idea of the boat was to allow us to take the adventurers into another area of the world and I had actually started some ice caves.. but those files were on a computer at a former employer and are no longer accessable.

8. Avatar_do_Grafite

So, no hope to see an boat map or somekind of pirate enconter in Nulb? Ah, well... I like Nulb a lot, but I think it's a little... low of options....

Ah, about Nulb (sorry for the wrongh thread to post, but I'll not create an entire thread just for that!), its not possible to echange the start point in the center of the vilage after the first visit? Ya see, we don't need to beggin in the same first point of Hommlet each time we enter the vilage, and I don't see why with Nulb this is different. Is a lot boring to walk from the main gate of Nulb each time we arive there!
    There are some way to echange this, by any chance?

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Use the signpost?

10. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Click on the signpost that is near your arrival point. It's like the one near the Welcome Wench in Homlett.

11. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

12. Avatar_do_Grafite

Signpost...?

Ooops! I think I've loosed this aaaaal this time... I"ll look for it!

Thanks!

13. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

Can you possiably bring back the zombie signpost? It was fun commanding it and having a free ride back to Nulb from where ever I wanted.

14. Avatar_do_Grafite

Ok, please, guys, let me know where are and how much are the signposts of the game, please!

I have looked around Nulb and Hommlet and I'm unable to find this thing!

15. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

The signpost in nulb is to your left slightly behind you when you are facing the bridge just before entering the town.

Our Host!