Circle of Eight Modpack 5.5.0 General Commentary and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by GuardianAngel82, Nov 28, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well, there's nothing we can do about those bugs because they are not 'scripted', they are in the engine.

Regarding the paladin's ability, it certainly is finnicky compared to casting a spell, but there is a certain way to do it: click on the portrait rather than the character, perhaps.

2. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 5.5.x + CMF Bug Report Thread

#0051b and 0090a I do not consider bugs. Playing AD&D on PC many years and it is just normal default locations for an NPC in game. Melaney mentions she sneaks out to Deklo and the Snake Pit girls it has been 'home' to them so logical to refind them there. My Mod has this for both and I find no problems in it.

I am not sure which 'bug listing' this would be,but I confirm above about the BLUE VISORED portrait("another minor bug, which is not really a problem, is that when i rest in the moat house, sometimes if i get attacked during the rest, a blue blank face shows up next to some garbled dialogue (i think it may actually just be layered not garbled but i cant tell)"
    appearing when in combat and message 'leave me alone' etc,to that effect. At time I have had Burne's apprentice in the party. Appears randomly,not all battles,and not specific maps. Have Fruella,Meleny and other 'original NPCs' in party during combat and not occurs. Perhaps a 'portrait/dialogue' glitchfor new game NPC activated in combat?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  3. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

The sisters were bound into slavery. I understand your argument if you believe they suffer from the Stockholm Syndrome.

I have no problem with Melany out at night - she is a druid. I also think she should be outside her house in the daytime enticing travelers.

Edit: It would appear that SPIKE GROWTH has a permanent effect on party members who fail their Reflex Save (half movement). Jaroo can fix it.
    Edit 2: I should also mention that the affected PC did not have any spell-effect tab on top of his portrait.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
  4. Basil the Timid

In addition to Spike Growth, above, I would like to report a problem with Use Magic Device vis-a-vis the Staffs of Fire and Cold. My bard, when equipping these items, should be able to see these items on the radial menu. He has 11 ranks +3 in this skill.

5. ben34

ben34 Member

I want to report that whenever you go to learn a spell from a scroll and you fail when ever you find or rescribe that same scroll it says invalid action and will not allow you to learn that spell again for some reason.

6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

You have to sleep 8 hours before you can try again.

7. Basil the Timid

Only 8 hrs rest in ToEE?? In PnP you must get more ranks in Spellcraft (i.e. level up).

The AID spell is not adding the caster level to the temporary hp; thus, only 1 to 8 temp hp are granted. (And I can't tell you how many times I have only gotten 1hp.!)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  8. ben34

ben34 Member

Before I posted the bug I had already tryed that, I still get the "invalid action" in red and no matter how long I rest 8 hours min to infinite I still get the invalid response!

9. ben34

ben34 Member

I would like to report that the spell "Protection from Evil" will not allow any spells through from your own party that are good like "aid" or "bless" and it specifically states in the spell that only "Evil" aligned spells will be negated!

10. GuardianAngel82

Whoop, maybe it IS levels of Spellcraft. I'm a low scroll kind of player.

11. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

It is. IIRC even levelling up is not enough if you don't increase your Spellcraft skill.

As far as the Prot. from Evil, that is a known bug that no one has been able to fix yet. Would probably take a .dll hack. As a workaround, simply cast PfE last when you are buffing.

12. Basil the Timid

Death Ward does not protect vs Bodak Gaze (Su)

The subject is immune to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects.

Edit: SRD - Supernatural abilities are magical and go away in an antimagic field but are not subject to spell resistance, counterspells, or to being dispelled by dispel magic.

Death Attacks

In most cases, a death attack allows the victim a Fortitude save to avoid the affect, but if the save fails, the character dies instantly.

* Raise dead doesn’t work on someone killed by a death attack.
    * Death attacks slay instantly. A victim cannot be made stable and thereby kept alive.
    * In case it matters, a dead character, no matter how she died, has -10 hit points.
    * The spell death ward protects a character against these attacks.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  13. GuardianAngel82

Click on the name on the list on the riight side of the world map.

14. GuardianAngel82

Elmo's ghost, or your memory of him upon being reminded by a tavern. :thumbsup:

15. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 5.5.x + CMF Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Gaer,I am on your Mod 5.5 running Windows XP,Pent IV.

I have encountered a distressing prob which I do not know if others have encountered??? I have done WB and killed the kobold with sling(to left of map near Crypt)and his clan,not knowing at the time I looted him to learn it was buggy.. Only one Kobold has this and no stackables on Sergeant Kobold. All my saves are corrupted with non transferable stackable items,lol. All saves not just my new game. I reloaded to very early and old games and everything is tainted. I think the coding for stackable items is overridden in data files somehow making all games bugged??? Is this possible???? I freely transfered stackable items before,but now zippo. I will try to uninstall my game ,lol and retain the saves and see upon reinstal if it fixes things otherwise my months long game is gone.

Anyone with ideas???? I think Ralishaz doesn't like me???? Helppppppppppppp!!!

Our Host!