Proposal for Co8 patch 3.05

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Morpheus, Jan 20, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Nice. Way to go, Livonya!

Once your kids/quest/traps/ai mod is ready and I manage to finish the Arena of Heroes, I think we should throw all our stuff together and release a new Co8 mod pack beta. Given all the changes that will be in it, maybe a version jump to 4.0 would be in order.

2. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Morpheus -

Yeah, that sounds great.

The kids are 100% done now. I even have them up in their bed room at night time. I found the original starting locations for the kids in the jumpoint.mes and that helped to speed that up.

The traps thing is 75% done. I got side tracked by the AI thing.

The AI is pretty close to done, though I thought of some ways to add variety so that the casters use different AI routines each time you encounter them... which helps to make each caster seem more unique.

Also, for your book of heroes mod. I could easily make a very poweful skeleton priest that would cast death kneel, animate dead, and lots of other evil/necromancy spells that aren't normally in the game. I discovered a way to force enemy NPCs to cast spells that they can't normally cast via the standard AI routines. I can pretty much make an NPC do anything, and I can create my own triggers, which makes for endless possibilites. The only limits are the spell slots and scripting language. So I could make a skeleton priest with an extremely complicated AI routine.

I already made a lesser version of this priest which I am using for my rainbow rock encounter. You can see how that works when I post it... I will try to post that encounter tonight.

Livonya

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Is it possible to make the skeletons unequip or drop the ranged weapon when they run out of ammo? I ask 'cause after I rebuked 5 skele's (3 with x-bows) they ran out of ammo and couldn't attack, I couldn't give them any either!
    Are skele's supposed to heal while resting? I was under the impression that skele's DON'T rest and can only regain hit points by Inflict wounds spells, could this be fixed?

4. Jota

Jota Member

Hi there, any news about the new Mod Version.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Morpheus, Zhuge, Nomad . . .

We need a stopgap measure. It seems moebius' link to his temple.dll is dead. Can we add it to the latest Co8 modpack and release it as 3.0.5? . . . to be followed by 4.0.0 when you & Livonya get done with the new mods / content.

People are clamoring for it and are presently SOL.

6. jasonfm

jasonfm Member

Clamor, Clamor

Yes, Please, tell me where I can get moebius' temple.dll ! I'm dying here. Can anyone email me the .zip file?

7. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

Where is the latest temple.dll? If the link went dead, so did morpheus. That means we are not likely to get any more versions of that from him.

I don't have anywhere near a current version.

Someone send me a version, and I can do a rebuild.

I'm going to need to transition the build manager role eventually. I'm now pretty involved with WOW ui modding, and deploying mods there....

Plus still working 55 hour weeks :(. SWE's need a union.

8. Morpheus

Nah. I'm not dead. But then, you're probably mixing me up with moebius (again). Heh.

The latest temple.zip can be found here. The link works again, so the "stopgap measure" gaear wanted isn't really necessary anymore. That being said, my Arena mod and Livonya's various mods & fixes seem to be nearing completion, so we should have a Co8 4.0 patch ready in the near future (I'm busy integrating all the fixes people have been posting here lately into my files).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  9. Jota

Jota Member

A Co8 4.0 patch seems a good ideia, at least its a way to organize things, and a new starting point.

10. Nomad_Wanderer

So I did. It sounds like you may be the person I was looking for :). How would you like to be the new release manager of the mod? The setup script is VERY easy to use(almost too simple in fact).

I'm not able to dedicate much time to gaming lately. The 4-5 hours I can get are going into wow Mod development now that my wife is hooked.

Let me know.

11. Morpheus

Sure, I could manage the release business. You're using Inno Setup, aren't you?

You got your wife hooked on WoW? Damn, mine won't touch videogames with a ten-foot pole. She didn't even like the Sims ... :roll:

12. Nomad_Wanderer

Yep Inno Setup. Also installed the freeware version of RCS for windows. It's an open source version control system thats fairly easy to use. It makes it alot easier to add/subtract peoples changes.. Feel free to use whatever you want, but I do advise you use some sort of version control system..

I'll get you a URL, Please send me a PM with an email address, and an Instant Message client.

13. Morpheus

STATUS UPDATE:

On hold temporarily. Doesn't make much sense for me right now to continue working on the mod pack while Liv is still busy fixing stuff. Since her mod contains everything from Co8 3.04, moebius' fixes and then some more, there's no point in building a new Co8 patch at this time.

As for the few fixes I have done myself (see my post above) which aren't part of Liv's mod yet ... they are probably negligible. Anyway, it seems like Liv already added the additional items originally proposed by Goongyae/Shiftyjim (composite bows, new shields and armour, wondrous items).

14. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Morpheus -

I am going to try to get all your fixes/additions into my next build...

- Livonya

15. Iron Liche

Iron Liche Member

Dunno if it's me or an unresolved issue in ToEE....

(This msg has been edited to remove the useless reply. Great way to make a first post, eh? :| )

Iron Liche

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
Our Host!