Interactive objects

Discussion in 'Models, Animations, and Particle Effects' started by BigLittleBoy, Nov 17, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. BigLittleBoy

BigLittleBoy Member

1. I know we are unable to create complicated, animated characters. But, what about interactive objects like chests, containers, doors and secret passages. Does it possible to create unanimated 3d objects? I'm working on several new maps - custom doors and containers would be a fine addition.

2. It's a different problem, but i don't want to create another thread - my max 2009 is incompatible with ToEE import-export plugin - max simply refuses to load it.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well, we can certainly alter the meshes on doors etc. Generaly speaking, we can make new stuff if it is not animated: so we can make swords but not bows, for instance. We could make a chest that sat there but not a chest whose lid opens.

If we can't make them, we can fake them: paint them onto a background map then use an invisible model to interact with.

Folks who do modelling please jump in here and be more specific!

3. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Wow I missed a post in the Models forum? (beats self with stick).

Can't honestly add too much to what Ted already said. We've figured out a way to get almost anything that's not animated out of Leksey's exporter. Unfortunately we can't do anything rigged to a skeleton either. For example no armor, while the armor iteslf isn't animated but it's rigged to the character's skeleton and has to move with him.

Cuchulainn.

Our Host!