I'm Back, I've searched the forums, I have ?s

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by maalri, Aug 27, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. maalri

maalri Immortal

Hi all,

I never gave up on ToEE, always thought it was the BEST RPG ever made, that is, after Co8 cleaned it up.

But I was wooed away by MMORPS... I digress

I left not too long after ToEEFE was in- I think about the 4the major update on it- could be wrong, there was some neat new content and a lot of selectable options like "Sober Elmo" in the Front End before I left. About 2 years ago.

1. So I come back and I think I see Front End is replaced by the KotB download- right?

2. the Protrait packs can't be used with KotB?

3. I downloaded, but am having a problem extracting KotB to the root folder, everytime it does for a bit- I'm "replacing" certain duplicate files, and then BAM Windows fails, searches for solutions then closes, so I can't get the game running right :((((
    I do have Atari Patch 2 (installed without patch one with no probs) in.

Can some one help me through this please?

Thanks,

Maalri

edit: Let's move you to KotB part of the forum Maalri. And welcome back :) - Zeb

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2008
  2. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

Hey Maalri,

Just stumbled across you're post and noticed no one had responded. Sorry about that, you may have this all figured out by now but just in case.

1- NO. KotB is a completely seperate module from ToEE. As long as you have the FrontEnd you can switch back and forth between the modules, but the only way it's related is that it requires the ToEE game engine.

2. Yes. ToEE portrait packs won't work with KotB.

3. Any chance you running Windows Vista?

Cuchulainn.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I dealt with this by PM ;)

Our Host!