Problem with no level cap

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by nitewolf, Jan 24, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

Problem with level cap remover

When I take a spellcaster above 10th level, I can memorize any 6th level spells (such as Heal for a cleric), but I cannot open 6th level spells in the radial menu. There's just no 6th level tab.

My question is, should there be? Was that added to the exp cap remover. Mine was part of the CoE patch 3.0.4.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Be sure you have the latest temple.dll from moebius added. Find it here: http://www.jadri.com/temple.zip

Not sure if any 6th level spells were actually implimented . . .

3. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Offhand, 2 spells that I can think of are Chain Lightning and Heal. I am not sure if these had been properly coded by Troika to enable extension to level 6, though they are both theoretically level 6 spells.
    I think moebius's actual intention was to allow putting more metamagic on existing lower level spells. For example, we can put a Empower spell on Fireball which would take it to level 5 which is still within reach of a caster means, but putting Maximize spell on a Fireball would make it level 6 which can't be cast... unless of course you are using moebius's temple.dll.

It is possible that we could add higher level spells in the same way we added Scorching Ray (assuming the spell slots work fine and can detect them) but it will need someone with some experience in coding Python.
    I think it probably is a worthwhile endeavour. While Troika limited the party to level 10, they never said anything about limiting enemy spellcasters also to level 10 or only level 5 spells... and since some of the most dangerous foes in D&D are potent spellcasters... it would nice to have some of them since we now appear to be able to spawn additional creatures.

Btw, Gaear, I am fervently hoping that you will stay as a resident regular here. We desperately need someone who can provide sensible answers and is up to date with current affairs. Morpheus and I get lonely sometimes. :p

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I absolutely will, if you guys will have me. Just remember that I don't actually know anything. Most of my input here and at Atari is just common sense stuff (aside from a few snide remarks here and there and some nagging of the local mods ;) ). But if I can free you guys up to do the nuts and bolts stuff by being the resident greeter/tour guide, I'd be happy to oblige. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Funny thought: I should rename myself "Bing" and hope that moebius or nomad comes back with a heal potion for me. ???

5. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

Actually zhuge, I was thinking of a quickened, maximized fireball. just think of the devistation!!!

the newest temple.dll seems to work. Thanks.

Our Host!