Ok, who's done it...?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shiningted, Sep 5, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I was in the prosess of posting a reply 3 hours ago but accidently turned my computer off. Anyway I've killed, all the church guys, elmo and otis, burne and rufus, R&G, kenter nevits, elmo's dad, prince thrommel, pretty much anyone *G of any importance that my characters could bust, all for RP reasons - as I work my way deeper into the temple and complete more quests for the various temple factions, I'm slowly killing off the good folk of hommlet. I know if lord spike was DMing my game a few paladins would probley soon be dispatched to deal with my troublesome party. the whole game the only hommlet NPCs I've actually spoken to are Ranos, the inn keeper, turuko and terjon.

2. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

I usually leave prince Thrommel alive so that his envoy arrives, and then I quickly eliminate the knight to aquire both swords....

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

neither sword is much good to a LE Character - except of course to complete the opening quest.

4. Daniel

Daniel Established Member

I have never played an evil party in any game, but I'm just curious to see what happens when you attack everybody (loot, are they tougher than my pcs, etc). Sometimes you're just bored, too. Or, you're curious about the alternate ending.

When I do so it's just out of boredom and curiosity, without being emotionnaly involved in the game, as if playing Tetris or pacman, but then it's just on the side, you go back to a previous save when you resume "serious" play.
    I would never do that in Ironman or in a pnp game... for actual roleplay I always liked savior characters better (and, by the way, DMing a game where players just care about killing everyone in the inn and pay no attention to the plot is HELL).

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

You'll love the butcher reputation. Have fun with it. :thumbsup: *smirk*

6. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I just realised that I play house rules ironman - I never reload unless I get a TPK, if I make stupid decision I'll just live with it.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I've had the "Butcher of Hommlet" reputation once, by accident. I think it had to do with the evil traders.
    Like Old Book, I to wipe out all in the tavern in Nulb, the one where the wench tries to pickpocket you.
    I usually play good or neutral parties, I only use evil parties to test for different content.

8. krunch

krunch moving on in life

same here for me

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I routinely kill the evil traders, Kobort, Zert and Toruko outside the moathouse, and occasionally Calmert and Terjon when I play NE groups, I cant boast that I've killed everyone in Hommlet, but I have killed everyone in the inn of the welcome wench (quite accidentally - most of the time) while testing various spells, and I even took out Kent and his siblings after trying out the new and improved Enlarge spell. I usually restart from an earlier save if I get the butcher rep, but not until after I've had some fun killing people. ;)

10. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

this thread has got me sorely tempted to finish off the job, there's still pretty much everyone south of brother smyth to kill - wiping out rubish, I mean peasants isn't quite the most fun you can have.

11. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

...Honey, I blew up the kids? :giggle:

12. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The worst i've done is I had my invisible rogue rob the jewelers chest once. If you like killing then try Medal of Honor-Airborne and check out the super SS nazi with a MG42 machine gun. Level 4 would take about 3 seconds. End-game about 5. Talk about hard to kill.

13. Ze Mighty Vegetable

Ze Mighty Vegetable Member

Euh... killing everyone in Hommelet (or Nulb)? Nah, never. I killed the priests (Terjon and Jaroo), Burnes&co and "emptied" the inn a couple of times, but slaughtering everyone in my path? Nope. Never. Now, as for why I've never done it... It might not be a good way to say hi to a new forum (this being my first post), but...

It just never occured to me to do it. wich is strange, for I am a bit of a sadist... But now, what can I say except thankl you CO8!! Not only have you done wonderfull mods for a great game, but even by looking at your surveys, I learn splendid ideas.

I think I'll do it in the regular Toee, though. Even in a PC game, killing children is... a bit beyond the pale for me.

14. thearioch

thearioch Need More Cowbell

A quote from Toby on csipgr which I'm tempted to use as a sig:
    "I'll often kill NPCs just to keep my polycount down :)"

Meshes nicely with "I'm not Evil, I'm just drawn that way."

Of course, I usually play a Paladin, so I don't really get to act that way.

15. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

I would feel so guilty, even though it's a game. One time in roller coaster tycoon, my roller coaster broke and people died. I cried. I'm a little nutty.

Our Host!