Weird combat error

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by nitewolf, Sep 7, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

Possable spoilers!!

I usually attack the traders and let romag(?) run away so I can get the revenge encounter, but in my latest game, when I attack them, they just stand there. I usually get one attack out of them, then they just skip their turn. I can't flee combat, or otherwise disengage, and I can't get them to do anything.

I am running patch 2, co8 5.0.4 with toffee (the latest version). except for the underdark crash (which I avoid now), this is the first major problem I've encountered.

:help:Anyone have any tips? I even tried clearing out the py files (i have toffee set to do so automatically, but i did it manually as well, with that .cmd file). No help there...

I look foward to your responses! :biggergri

2. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

Try it with only 4 people in your party. This was mentioned somewhere else, but I can't remember where.

I levelled up my post-count again. Sweet!!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  3. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

That's been popping up lately. Old Book has said that the problem usually happens when your party is large, and I know I had that issue with a party of 7, but not with a party of 4 on my current run.

Check out this thread: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4365&highlight=Rannos+Gremag

I think Allyx put a fix in the latest CMF, but it may not work with large parties.

4. zuluwarrior94

zuluwarrior94 Established Member

I'm running 5.0.4 and I usually have a party of 4 + Meleny, and I have to leave Meleny at the Inn to get the Rannos and Gremag thing to work right.

5. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

thanks for all the help, guys!

I'll try dropping a couple of my npc's (3 player party, and lots of mercs:peace: ), we'll see how it goes!

6. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

well, that didn't work. I think the problem occoured prior to my latest save.

Oh, well, part of th efun of this game is doing it over again with different race/class combos!

thanks anyway!!

7. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Yeah, being worked on as I type this. Problem is, as Erkper says, large parties break the script. Am playing with it now to try and find an optimal solution.

Our Host!