Circle of Eight mod 3.0.4

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Huntsman, Jun 29, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Huntsman

Huntsman Member

On the stats I assume they just guessed at them (the older books never gave stats for monsters, dunno if there's a 3e version of this one or something, though).

On the damage, they've changed it into dual attacks. Instead of a single attack, at +11, doing 2d8+10, they've given it 2 attacks, at +12 and +7, doing 1d8+6 each. That seems about right.

For the rest, I'd say it's just sloppy coding.

2. Shiftyjim

Shiftyjim Member

That's ok then, I thought I was being a bit dense there for a minute.

If I was to do some possible changes to the stats, feats, skills etc what would be the best format to post these in, bearing in mind each npc/creature entry is quite long?

3. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Here's the Galeb Duhr stats according to my 3.0 Ed. Monster Manual II

Medium Size Elemental (Earth)
    Hit Dice: 8d8+40 (76hp)
    Initiative: -3
    Speed: 10ft, burrow 10ft
    AC: 22 (-3 Dex, +15 natural), touch 7, flatfooted 22
    Attacks: 2 slams +7 melee
    Damage: Slam 1d6+1
    Face/Reach: 5'x5'/5'
    Special Attacks: Spell-like Abilities
    Special Qualities: DR 15/+1, elemental traits, freeze (lets it look like a normal rock), SR 21, tremorsense
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref -1, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 13, Dex 5, Con 20, Int 11, Wis 16, Cha 12
    Skills: Concentration +12, Diplomacy +3, Knowledge (Geography) +7, Perform +10, Sense Motive +14
    Feats: Iron Will
    Climate/Terrain: Any Mountain
    Organization: Solitary, Pair or Tumble (3-5)
    Challenge Rating: 9
    Treasure: No coins, standard goods (gems only); standard items (potions only)
    Alignment: Always Neutral
    Advancement: 9-15 HD (Medium); 16-24 HD (Large)

Spell-like Abilities: At Will--Animate Objects (stone only), Stone Shape; 1/day--Move Earth, Passwall, Transmute Rock to Mud, Wall of Stone. Caster Level 20th, save DC 11+Spell level.

Elemental Traits(Ex): Immune to poison, sleep, paralysis and stunning. Not subject to critical hits and flanking. Cannot be Raised or Ressurected. Darkvision 60'.

Freeze (Ex): Requires a DC 30 Spot check to be distinguished from a boulder when it holds still.

Tremorsense (Ex): Automatically sense the location of anything within 300' that is in contact with the ground.

4. Beaujim

Beaujim Member

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  5. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

Whats the state of this?

6. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

On hold at present and very little has been actually coded though the plans are all there. I seem to have a few severe problems with hardware lately and have not been able to use my home PC for the past week or so (posting using a work PC).
    If you want to take over where Huntsman and I left off, you're most welcome to do so. Give me a day or two to shape things up and I could pass what I have to you.

7. Nomad_Wanderer

>Give me a day or two to shape things up and I could pass what I have to you.

Sounds good... Will wait for ya then.. Just filled out the NDA today.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  8. Nomad_Wanderer

Tap Tap tap..

Hey Z. you there?

9. parasiticj

parasiticj Member

release

is 3.04 out? or is there an eta?

10. zhuge

Sorry for the delay. I've sent some files and details which you previously requested to your mailing address. Will pass what little has been done on v3.0.4 over to you as well.

11. Nomad_Wanderer

Thanks looking forward to seeing them

12. Nomad_Wanderer

I hate waiting for postal mail

13. zhuge

I'm sorry. I had a hard disk crash recently and lost much data. Had to redo everything from scratch. Anyway I've already sent you what I could (the incomplete mod pack). I certainly do believe I could do more but time has been very tight lately. Couldn't even post this from home (had a blackout). :(
    Anyway, you have the files and if there are any doubts I'll try to get them clarified. No electricity and no water at home. Can't even bathe. So I'll be glueing myself to the lab comp till morning. There you have my word. :)

Once again my sincerest apologies. Hope I may be forgiven. ;)
    <raises arms to shield self from beating>

14. Nomad_Wanderer

no problem... I know theres a lot going on in other parts of the world.. The thing that worries me is that I'm starting to feel like I showed up way too late to the party, after everyone's already left... And now there aint' even any hotties to dance with.... (not that any females play ToEE anyway :) )

Seriously tho, I started looking over the files you sent over today... Also started going through the back log of messages on the beta mailing list. Got Steve added to my ms messenger... (and yourself)

Problem is that it's really been a while Since I opened up ToEE... Was hoping to at least get my feet wet with some simple stuff before moving into the tough stuff..

more like you or Steve picking a simple defect/ER out and saying "Here, go figure this one out, and we'll check on ya later...."

Last edited: Sep 18, 2004
  15. zhuge

Well, that kinda describes my feelings too when the bulk of you guys left. After the core group of you guys (Chris Woods, Dhoom, Phalzyr, JHunz, Joviex, Aginor, yourself, etc...) left, Exitium and Ausir became less active too and we needed a whole gang of fresh faces. We had rex_blade, Shin, RufusAtticus, Bob_the_Elf,
    Auldar, Raaagh, myself and quite a few others who contributed to the v3.0 of the mod pack as you now see it.

And then lately, we've had FredSRichardson, Sir_Toejam, Huntsman, duggelz, spOOL, Pebz, Goongyae, Shiftyjim, Morpheus and a few others who gave us many of the unincorporated fixes due for v3.0.4

But now many of these people have gone as well.
    People come around now and then but all of them come around for a few months, work on a few things, maybe they succeed, maybe they don't, then they leave. I don't blame them. As I've mentioned in the past, everyone has commitments. Could be studies, could be work, could be family, could be something else... and I wouldn't want ToEE to get in the way of RL stuff.

But someone's gotta keep the home fires burning you know, so to speak...
    Just wish someone would chime in now and then. I see people around the forums all the time but I rarely see posts on the modding forum. I mean I don't bite or anything and I once started from zero as well. When I first joined, I just wanted to download some neat stuff and maybe write a few dialogue and proto fixes. But you tinker with stuff and you ask and you learn and there before you know it you've got yourself started.

AND DON'T LEAVE FOR GOOD IF YOU DON'T SEE ANYONE POST IN A DAY OR TWO. Because that's the way the forums have been for many months: SSSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW.
    But people DO come back. You just have to stick around long enough to catch them. ;)
    And then you need to post something to make them stay. ;)

Anyway I still see these people now and then but they never post even if they do come around.
    Maybe we need to be more organized, to have a "things to do" list to attract people. First of which would be to fiddle with Agetian's editor. I'm sure our friend didn't do it for fun or to show off. So somebody should start tinkering with it.
    But then again I don't see what's the point of being more organized when usually nowadays it's just you, me and Agetian. Ok, maybe Raaagh as well and Auldar...

And for Pete's sake, it wouldn't hurt to show a little interest in other people's projects/works.
    Sometimes I feel a bit compelled to reply even if I feel I may not be the most suitable person to comment just because others may not and I don't want the original poster to feel like he/she is getting ignored.

People keep asking me why ToEE has no modders and every other community has tons. Just look at the NWN series, Morrowind, the BG series, the IWD series, etc... Hell even KoTOR which is fairly new has a more established community, I think. It doesn't help that people think that ToEE is still supported officially. Yeah right, 1 overworked dev working on his own, in his spare time = official support. LOLz.
    I've always stressed that we're perpetually short of active modders since day 1 you guys left and we're still short of people. Of demands, requests we have tons of. Just flip any odd thread here or on Atari and you'll see what I mean. But everything will remain on hold till we have enough people willing to do the coding.

Really sorry for the rant, I'm just really tired today. Finally got electricity and water back but my home phone line's still down and people won't be fixing it over the weekend. Had to post this from somewhere else.
    I've already sent Sir_Toejam the levelup.tab file so that he can redo the fix but he lost most of his stuff in a HD crash too so it might take him some time. And we still need to fix up this "forum attachment" problem where nothing works... Hope those of you who submitted files in forum attachments will resubmit them.

To recap:
    1)We NEED more modders!!!
    2)Please post even if you aren't modding so we know you're alive!
    3)Don't leave if you don't see anything happening for a while (because that's the way things are and someone sometimes gets to it... well maybe ;P)

Take your time. I fully understand you need some time to catch up on things. It's important that you read Steve's stuff. After all we should try as far as possible to work in tandem. Also I'll try to code in sickles fully. After all it was my idea. You can start with brewable potions first.

P/S - Don't be too sure, I've seen a few women (semi regulars) post over at the Atari forums and 1 or 2 over here. But of course you can never be 100% sure whether someone's a guy or a girl on the Net. ;)

Our Host!