Confused About this Whole Patching Thing

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Quilf, Jun 25, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Quilf

Quilf Member

My brother got this game for me just a few days ago. I heard about the many bugs it had, but because I didn't have the game until now I really didn't pay all that much attention to the issues at hand. But since receiving the game I decided to visit the Atari Forums and to me the issue of what patches work together is as clear as mud. This place seems a whole lot friendlier so I'll ask away here.

First , what patch should I install first, the 2nd official patch or one of the Circle of 8 patches?

What Co8 patch should I utlilize? What combinations should I avoid? Clear directions will be most welcomed! I really want to play this game, but I definitly don't want to cause conflict with the patches. Thanks for your patience.

2. Shiftyjim

Shiftyjim Member

All you need is the 2nd official patch and then the CO8 patch v 3.0.3

(sorry forgot to mention you want to install them in that order)

3. Quilf

Quilf Member

Thanks, Shiftyjim. most appreciated! By the way, where do I download the Co8 patch to, i.e. what directory or is this self-extracting?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2004
  4. Thumar

Thumar Member

I'll second that confusion. I'm a self-confessed techno-doofus, so if anyone can answer in clear, concise language geared towards the computer-barely-literate, that would be great :)

I've read that certain files might neet to be copied over from other directories and whatnot, and the whole thing kind of mystifies me. If anyone can clarify, that would be most helpful. Self-extracting? Do I need to move files around or copy over anything anywhere? What directory do I plug the patch into (I know TOEE, but actually inside "data" or somewhere else?)

Thanks.

5. Quabar

Quabar Member

Last edited: Jul 3, 2004
Our Host!