Cleric of Pelor Greater Turning Bug

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Jobster657, Jun 23, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Jobster657

Jobster657 Member

The latest CO8 patch brings back the bug that allows a cleric to use the greater turning feat more than once a day. Not that I mind too much as it sures strikes down the undead like a hot knife through butter.

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Yes, that's a known bug. But it is AFAIK not caused by any official
    patch or mod pack. The bug has been there since the game shipped and when I tested it after the 1st official patch (without any Co8 mod packs) it was still there.

Refer to bryce777's numbered bug list (bug no.71):
    71 cleric w/ Sun domain can use greater turning more than once a day
    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=388146

It appears to be hardcoded though, just like number of Stunning Attacks per day for Monks (which incidentally isn't coded right either) so I don't think it's something that the modders can fix.

3. Jobster657

Jobster657 Member

Thanks

thanks for the reply. It is amazing the number of bugs in this game given that much grander games such as the Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale series were relatively bug free. Patches for these games were also quickly released as errors were found.

4. miserychick

miserychick Member

Well, it doesnt help that Atari is treating TOEE and Troika like unwanted stepchildren. BG & IWD had much more publisher support.

5. Raaagh

Raaagh Member

Actually, BG1 and BG2 did ship with a lot of bugs. But yes, they did get a lot more tech support.

Our Host!