Wishlist

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shin, Nov 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. axelld

axelld Member

How can I turn off shinning weapon effect on masterworks and enchanted weapons pleeeees ?
    I want to turn OFF glow effect? Is it possible? Anyone ?
    ???

2. Grey

Grey Member

1. Craftable rings
    2. Higher levels (up to 20)
    3. Bigger gaming world (more stuff to do)
    4. More weapon enchantment options (vorpal, wounding, etc.)

3. Larenars

Larenars Member

my wishlist

Random encounterswith pc races/classes.
    Allowing for multiclass 10/10 levels.
    Random scroll generation for npc spellcasters. Or simply more spell scroll placed around.

4. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

shouldnt we be using 3.5 ed of DnD instead of 3.0? i am pretty sure ToEE is based on 3.5 anyways...

Also, a big wish of mine is long item descriptions (shift click info) for every magic item in the game...

Not only do items not increase spells per day... base stats dont either... (in the ToEE game not in DnD)

Also there is a double post on page one.. someone please delete it!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  5. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 Member

Here's something that irks me greatly.

In D&D, when you craft a wand, it starts with 50 charges. The crafting costs have not been changed, but in 3.5 D&D, as per the PHB, a wand created with Craft Wand starts with 50 charges...

6. dragonlordjones

dragonlordjones Member

Portraits

I was just wondering if the scrolling for portraits issue was ever looked into or fixed so we may veiw the 40 odd ports plus extras?

7. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

Uneven bonuses as per my other thread...

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=988

Also, why the hell do all characters start with a bow EQUIPPED after the new equipment has been changed? for most alignments you start off with a fight... and although not very hard a character can actually die if they are all starting out with bows (you need SOMEONE with a shield and a sword...)

A more orginized modding section, that is, have a "to mod" list, and "currently working on" list.. that way a person can check and what is being worked on, and by whom. That wouldnt really be assignment, multiple people could claim to work on the same thing or multiple things, its just so people know whats the status is, and by people i mean people who intended to do some modding...

For example, i am sure i can make the new items with uneven bonuses myself... however those can likely conflict with other's custom items if someone else is working on any at the moment, furthermore i have no idea where to post the modified files too...

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004
  8. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

I would like to do so. But first this would need to be a bunch of people who come to the forum fairly regularly and are willing to contribute. Second, I don't want to dictate what people should be working on because they may not want to work on it or they may have worked on it for some time, hit a roadblock and can't continue. I don't want to force people to work on something they don't want to and imposing deadlines usually works well only if the modder agrees to set aside some time regularly to achieve the goals.
    As it is, getting volunteers currently to take up any modding task is hard. I don't see many posts on the new topics anyway.

I usually try and survey the current situation and buglist and make a note of anything potentially moddable. If I think I can come up with a fast solution, I try it out when I have a bit of time and see if it works. I don't particularly like being confined to 1 task as I frequently find myself stuck on something. But sometimes when I work on something else and then come back later to that first task, I see it in a new light and it works out alright.

We also need people to just confirm bugs from the buglist and pass it on to Steve. It may sound boring but there are lots of bugs which we can't correct and Steve will only deal with them if they are 100% confirmed. So there has to be someone working on figuring out how elusive bugs like spell permanency, CTDs and file corruption occurs.

About 3 months ago, we had almost no activity in the forums. I'm thankful that we have a small gang of interested people right now. Lots of people just post a promise to help then disappear so
    I just hope we can keep whatever we have and make progress on it.

Anyway, so far from what I see, for the modders, we have:
    sir_toejam
    Huntsman
    Morpheus
    silvannus
    Goongyae
    Shiftyjim
    Crichton
    Raaagh
    taltamir
    livonya

FredSRichardson - haven't seen him in a while... hope he'll come back

So as you can see it isn't exactly a whole lot of people...

Current buglist and Atari board members who have helped to establish it:
    bryce777
    sweetrevenge
    invert_nexus
    misplacedag
    ordinaryjones
    Diamondfist
    timortis
    Qwinn
    kellinjar
    merlin333
    bigity
    LordofLowLight

Co8 board members who helped in checking our mods/buglist:
    miserychick
    ShadowDragon8685
    Jobster657

Hex editing:
    tpigeon1
    Kharmakazy

Sorry if I've left out anyone.

If we actually had some of the old staff like Phalzyr, JHunz and Exitium around and working on something, we'd be playing with a fuller force but I understand everyone has commitments and frankly I'm surprised I've still had time for the forums.
    Just thought since the patch and mod pack is out, it's a good time to do some PR work on other boards as well (Obsidian, Rpgdot, GameBanshee, MistressLair) besides our own boards and Atari.
    But like I've mentioned, I don't know how long I can keep this up. What I really want to do is concentrate on some new content (probably a small dialogue or AI tweak) and get some things settled.

Here's a tentative list of stuff (I've used broad categories here instead of individual bugs) which would be nice to get done some time in the future, people involved (I've put names on a temporary basis, we can always add/cancel names, switch things round later) and status:

1)Confirming buglist entries (actually I'm a lot more interested in cancelling an entry if it can be proved that it's not a bug - a huge unedited list is an eyesore and hard to manage)
    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=388146

Involved: taltamir, all Atari board members who helped to make/check the buglist, all Co8 board members who helped in checking our mods/buglist

Status: Over 500 bugs and feature requests - still not sorted by category (which makes it hard to find anything unless you are very familiar with the list), about a third of which have already been resolved by the 2nd official patch + Co8 mod pack v3.0.3 and about a sixth of which are duplicated bugs, probably flukes, unreasonable requests or simply not bugs at all.
    Yep, it's a mess, yeah it's a dirty job but heh someone's gotta do it :p
    So basically we'll need to establish another list where resolved bugs are all deleted and then pass this on to Steve.

2)Dialogue and py script fixes for NPCs and quests (remaining bugs include Tolub's dialogue, Belsornig's dialogue and Hedrack's dialogue) - AFAIK, most of these are fixed after the latest patch and mod pack
    Involved: ? (Morpheus could you have a look at them after you finish the German translations?)

3)Creature fixes (adding special abilities, making creatures more unique, more challenging and more compliant to 3.5e rules) - We fixed some in the mod pack but there are still quite a number of them left
    Involved: ? (I'm hoping Eflat from GameBanshee forums will help out... would like Sir_Toejam, Huntsman and anyone interested to get involved as well)

4)Item fixes (modifying ready made items) - most of the easy ones have been fixed so far, remaining stuff like Necklace of Prayer Beads, Wonnilon's Repeating Xbow is not easy to fix
    Involved: ? (Sir_Toejam could you have a look at these)

5)Spell fixes (probably the hardest to do) - copying and scribing bugs have been all resolved, but some individual spells still have bugged execution
    Involved: ?

6)Misc fixes (correcting typos/grammar/help entries)
    Involved: Huntsman did some corrections here and there

7)German, Spanish, Polish translations of official patches/Co8 mod pack/Phalzyr's editor:
    Involved: Morpheus, silvannus, Ausir

8)New items - we can split this into 2:
    a)Craftable items
    Involved: Goongyae, ShiftyJim

b)Items not intended to be craftable (Composite bows, Bard instruments, Fireball scroll, items with Defending enhancement)
    Involved: ? (I'm currently trying to make a small dialogue mod which involves the Fireball scroll but can't promise when I can deliver it though)

9)New dialogue mods
    Involved: Crichton, zhuge (we need a lot more people doing this, especially those who think they can write well and have some knowledge of Greyhawk lore)

10)New spells (such as coding Scorching Ray and Mordenkainen's Private Sanctum)
    Involved: ? (Huntsman if you're interested, do give it a shot, I'll try to help out if I can)

11)Area popups (like those in the tutorial)
    Involved: None
    Status: On hold (Used to be Platinum Weaver's project but he doesn't seem to be round anymore. Wonder if anyone wants to continue the fight here?)

12)Spawning NPCs/creatures, getting kids back in the game (if possible)
    Involved: Raaagh

13)Scripting for encounters/battles (I would like to see some ambushes and scripts where 1 scout runs back and calls for reinforcements - happens at Temple 2nd level: encounter with bandits)
    Involved: None

14)Compiling everything and checking stuff for next update
    Involved: Huntsman :)
    Status: Will be done in roughly one and a half month's time, when he's got some time left after family and studies :p

Sir_Toejam, if you or anyone else is interested, you could copy paste this list and maintain it on a new page as you see fit.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2004
  9. Shiftyjim

Shiftyjim Member

Thanks for the mention Zhuge, I'm suprised I made it onto the list being fairly new to the boards and all.

Anyway just to let you know I've taken the day off work so I could get on with some new items

Hopefully I should have the following items checked over and ready to post in a few days, maybe a week. (I do know that some of them require spells not available in the game, but as these spells would probably have no use in the game anyway I think we can cheat a little here)

Vest Of Escape
    Mantle Of Spell Resistance
    Goggles Of Minute Seeing
    Helm Of Teleportation
    Helm Of Telepathy
    Gem Of Seeing
    Boots Of Teleportation
    Rings Of Energy Resistance (Minor, Major & Greater) for Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire & Sonic. (I know with the level 10 cap we can't get the Forge Rings feat but there's no reason we can't scatter them around some of the merchants and higher level monsters)

Possibly the following items as well

Robe Of Bones
    Robe Of Blending
    Gauntlets Of Lassitude
    Hat Of Disguise
    Horn Of Goodness
    Horn Of Evil
    Ring Of Regeneration
    Ring Of Speed
    Strand Of Prayer Beads
    Strand Of Prayer Beads, Minor
    Boots Of The Winterlands
    Bracers Of Dawn
    Eyes Of Charming
    Eyes Of The Eagle

Also going to add the magical musical instruments to the craft wonderous item list (I can't see any reason why they shouldn't have been there in the first place) and add their respective spell effects that seem to have been missed off.

Bear in mind though that my times a bit stretched and I'm no more than an enthusiastic amateur when it comes to modding games so if someone beats me to it I won't be TOO upset.

I just have a couple of questions though that would make this a lot easier.

1) There are a lot of items with spells such as *******(internal) domain_***** 1 etc. Does anyone know of a specific file where I could find a list of these internal domain spells?

2) Does anyone know which column in Protos.tab controls whether or not an item is stackable or is it dependent on the type of item it is? I'm trying to create a unique gem but it always has a number in the corner like all the other stackable items in the game

3) Still can't use most items more than once per day. Anyone know how to get an item to have 3 uses per day for example?

4) Having probs adding spells to items where the spell has a subselection eg Summon natures ally etc. Any news about a possible fix?

10. zhuge

Take your time. There is no hurry. You may even need to find new art for some of them...

I've had major problems putting extra/new items into the inventory of any creature. Changing InvenSource.mes doesn't seem to work (it only works for renewable stores like Brother Smyth and Otis). Maybe you should check again now that 2nd official patch is out, in case Steve put some modification in that enables it (InvenSource.mes) to work again. but I doubt it.

But you can use a create_item_in_inventory( #, obj ) command to obtain items through dialogue. Don't know if it's possible to spawn items like spawning monsters on a map. Nobody's ever worked on it I think.

Whoa... that's a whole lot. I think it's perfectly fine working on a few at a time (say about 5 from your first list) and testing them if they work alright. Work out which ones you want to do and work out a plan together with Goongyae.

Lots of these INTERNAL references in Col312 (spell) are very problematic. I had to substitute INTERNAL references for Javelin of Lightning, Potions of heroism/eagle's splendor for regular spells like 'Lightning Bolt' class_sorcerer 3.
    If you look in the Python scripts section (data/scr folder) you'll find the correct scripts for them like Spell712 - Javelin of Lightning.py
    However it appears that this .py script is not properly called by that INTERNAL reference in protos.tab (in other words that INTERNAL spell thingie is not properly linked to the correct .py script).

Since there doesn't seem to be an easy way to reestablish the link (most probably hardcoded), our only option for now seems to be to use substitutes which will closely mimic the intended spell effect.

I have a sinking feeling that "stackable" is not a flag in protos.tab and may be determined by the exe. Tried to unstack Necklace of Natural Armor (currently you can stack them and wear more than 1 necklace) before but it didn't work. I think I tried to change the inventory and fiddle around with the equip slots flag but no luck.
    But perhaps I missed something. It's worth giving it another try but don't expect to find a fast solution.

Tested Chime of Opening which I coded personally and it works fine 10X before expiring. But that
    parameter is UseableItem, not Useable Item X Times Per Day(0,1).
    I noticed Keoghtom's Ointment is coded as:
    Keoghtom's ointment 5 0
    whereas some of the power gems are coded as:
    Elemental Gem 0 3

Perhaps Chris Woods' modifications are more relevant for you. He coded {12593}{White Rod, Minor} as:
    Useable Item X Times Per Day 0 3.
    Try changing that last number (Col170 BT1 Param 2). If it doesn't work out try a few other combinations above.

This is a major roadblock. Steve mentioned some recoding may be needed and it might even invalidate saved files. Not sure if we can make some script for it... probably not...
    Put this one on major "ON HOLD" till Steve has time for it.

11. gandalf333

gandalf333 Member

Thanks for the mention. I am active on the game and on these boards. I'd like to add in "greater invisibility" to the list of spells that are broken. I've tried to track down this spell in the .tab and .mes files but I can't locate it.

The problem with it appears to be its duration. Only lasts a couple of rounds. I would think a 10th level wizard would get at least 50 rounds (preferably 100!) rounds before the spell expires.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2004
  12. zhuge

Open up protos.tab. The relevant entries are:
    {9244}{Scroll of invisibility, greater} 'Greater Invisibility' class_sorcerer 4
    {9253}{Scroll of invisibility} 'Invisibility' class_sorcerer 2
    {12244}{Wand of invisibility, greater} 'Greater Invisibility' class_sorcerer 4
    {12253}{Wand of invisibility} 'Invisibility' class_sorcerer 3
    Please read sir_toejam's tutorial and Phalzyr's protos.tab fields.

Please check the 3.5e rules before jumping to conclusions:
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35

There is no question of preference when we are deciding on a fix (correcting something which is broken). It will be settled according to whatever is dictated by 3.5e SRD. Preference only arises when we are making a mod or when the rules are unclear(optional download separate from the main mod pack).

Troika's implementation is mostly all correct. When cast from memory, both sorcerers and wizards cast Greater Invisibility at (1 * spellcaster level) rounds and Invisibility at (10 * spellcaster level) rounds. Tested and confirmed. Also confirmed that Greater Invisibility does not disappear when the character attacks but Invisiblity does expire on attacking.
    In the case of casting from scrolls or wands, scroll/wand spell's caster level is always the minimum level required to cast the spell for the character who scribed the scroll/made the wand (usually twice the spell's level, minus 1)
    Therefore we would expect:
    duration for Invisibility (level 2 spell) to be 3 (effective caster level) * 10 = 30
    duration for Improved Invisibility (level 4 spell) to be 7 (effective caster level) * 1 = 7

In game testing reveals that the duration is correct for Greater Invisibility.
    However the duration for Invisiblity is 50 when casted from scroll or wand. Looking at the protos.tab after 2nd official patch (without any mod pack) identifies the problem: Invisibility was coded as 'Invisibility' class_sorcerer 3 instead of 'Invisibility' class_sorcerer 2 for both
    {9253}{Scroll of invisibility} and {12253}{Wand of invisibility}

Looking at the protos.tab after mod pack v3.0.3, we see that {9253}{Scroll of invisibility} has been corrected to 'Invisibility' class_sorcerer 2 but {12253}{Wand of invisibility} still remains the same: 'Invisibility' class_sorcerer 3.
    Further tests seem to indicate that the actual duration of the wand appears to be hardcoded so changing Col312 for {12253}{Wand of invisibility} will probably not work.

Conclusion:
    1)duration bug for Greater Invisibility when cast from wand should be cancelled.
    2)duration bug of Invisibility when cast from scroll/wand can be added. (probably not something we can fix but interested modders are welcome to try)
    3)Do not believe all the bugs in the buglist. Quite a number are not confirmed.

Those not proficient with the files should help out by doing testing to confirm bugs first while learning the ropes for modding (read sir_toejam's tutorial).

13. gandalf333

gandalf333 Member

greater invisibility

Thanks for taking time to track this one down. I did confirm at 10th level you get 10 rounds when cast from memory. I have not tested it with a wand yet. Will continue playing and reporting things that look like they need fixing. Your help is always appreciated!

Update: tested the greater invisibility wand. It only lasts for 9 seconds! Not nine rounds, but nine seconds. I watched the duration timer count down to zero and the spell ended. So it would appear the wand version is broken. Using the official atari patches and C08 3.0.3.

14. miserychick

miserychick Member

Is there any way Animal Companions could be controlled like NPCs in combat? I tend to forgo haveing an AC 'cause they just run blindly into a fight and either get killed or block my melee tanks.

15. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Probably, but stuff like that is hard-coded. I'll have to ask Steve.

Our Host!