noticeable absence

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by sir_toejam, May 30, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

er, where is everyone who was involved with the co8 patch? round two needs to get started, the official patch 2 is out, and this board is dead quiet

*crickets chirping*

hello? anyone there?

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Actually I was hoping someone else might take up the task as I have already documented all the changes. However it seems the others are either busy or absent or have simply moved on to other things.

Very well, I'll code in all the changes as promised. Please give me 3 days to sort things out. There you have my word. Now wish me luck.

3. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

heyo.

i said before i was happy to help; are you the only one left?? do you communicate via the list steve set up?

I'm still a little confused about who is still involved, and what the next direction is.

any ideas?

4. zhuge

I believe Exitium and Ausir are still around but they have other responsibilities and other sites to maintain. JHunz and Phalzyr were still with us during the 2.0 fixes but I'm no longer sure anymore. And we had a nice group of modders who contributed to the current set of fixes: rex blade, Shin, Rufus Atticus, Raaagh, Auldar and some veterans like tpigeon and Bob the Elf who would chip in every now and then.
    However it is hard to maintain interest in a game when official patches take more than half a year to materialize and when there are only limited things you can currently do with modding.
    I do not blame anyone for leaving. It is after all basically a hobby and there should be no obligations.

I am hoping Fred and yourself will take up the torch where we have left off and continue whatever needs to be done. I would start with compiling a new buglist post 2nd official patch at the Atari forums and try to address any issues arising from Co8 fixes 3.0 (once it is done). Have a look at the old stickied buglist and try to sort out any corrected issues:(http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=335222)

5. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

yikes!

i didn't buy the game until it was in the bargain basement bin (about a month ago) so i didn't experience the interminable wait for the patch. However, i can sure imagine folks losing their enthusiasm after a 6 month wait. *sigh* well, if any of the origninal modders are still about, have em send me a pm over at the atari forum.

I'm glad i posted that modding tutorial now! maybe someone else will get interested. I still think this engine has great possiblities. plus, to my knowledge, there simply aren't any real turn-based engines out there that work other than this one.

I assume from your previous post you would like to wrap up changes for the next co8 patch, since you are the only one left from the previous who has seen and knows all the fixes planned, and has access to the original files. I'd be happy to pick up the torch after that. Please tell steve to hold off on accepting new ideas for an "official" patch 3 until the next co8 patch is released, so we can avoid duplication and conflicts.

cheers

t

6. xÃV8x

xÃV8x Member

Yes I know the wait for patches. I was one who prepayed for the game 9 monthes befor the initial release.
    Then having to wait soo long for each patch.
    Atleast with my constantly upgraded computer, I have had little tech problems with the game.
    Asfor modding im workin on some easy fixs, and a E-Z mod pack for the game.
    It will include button tabs for game tweeks and inserts.
    For example button #1 could be faster leveling, #2 could be better chance for magic items, #3 could be **% better chance of random encounters....etc!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2004
  7. zhuge

If you could share with us what exactly you have done/plan to do so far and how you have coded it, that would be nice. I am keen on mods which make the game more challenging or add more story so if you are working on that let us know. With a concerted effort, things progress faster.

8. xÃV8x

xÃV8x Member

I am recoding a diablo e-z modmaker with plugins, for use with ToEE.
    What i have done sofar is...
    #1.Converted the hex base from Diablo to ToEE.
    #2.Got most of the keysets for the monsters converted.
    #3.Started on the maps, to be converted.
    #4.Got the Items 30% coded.

Only problem for me is...I work 2 jobs, Collage, and 3 other projects like this.....???

It is a little overwhelming:wtf:

But hopfuly i will have sumpting soon for you, To drive you even more nutz!:finger:

9. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

so i was wondering... who actually has POWER over the co8 webpage.... I am sure alot of the modders want and can implement the final patch, but just dont have access to the server to upload...

10. zhuge

The Co8 site is run by the admins, for example Exitium and Ausir.
    I'm just a moderator. Don't know the password for uploading to the site. I'll try and muck around but no guarantees...

11. Raaagh

Raaagh Member

:shock: WOAH. You managed to convert the maps? NICE.

Speaking of which, did anyone manage to figure out how to place monsters on maps?

12. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

Steve said he would help out with placement and map issues when his work on Vamp. slows down a bit.

Our Host!