Creature special abilities, modders needed

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by zhuge, Jun 20, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Ok, now that the mod pack has been properly housed in the main site, it's time to look at doing various mods in a little more detail.

Besides mods to add new items and to tweak dialogue which are already underway, I would like to see some work done on modding creature special abilities.

Have a look here:
    http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31769

Would appreciate it if someone could step forward and try to get some of these (as well as other pertinant special abilities) done so that creatures become more unique.

2. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

Zhuge: What version of my proggy you using? send me an email at downingd@kasec.org with the mes file and I'll see if it does it to me and correct my proggy if it is a bug... should of sent me an email when you had problem :D

3. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

@Phalzyr:
    I was using v2.4.1. of your editor.
    For me it was the help.tab that I had problems with but I've managed to solve it.
    Huntsman had some problems editing spell_enum.mes I think and had to resort to using Notepad which worked fine.

This was the correction we made in spell_enum.mes:

change:
    {20221}{}//spell_healing_circle

to:
    {20221}{TAG_SPELLS_CURE_LIGHT_WOUNDS_MASS}//spell_healing_circle

4. Huntsman

Huntsman Member

I've had it corrupt a few files on me. I've found that corruption only occurs if the following are true:

1. I've opened mutliple files without re-opening ProtoEd (just using "Load" to load it).
    2. I've saved files to a location different from that which they opened from.
    3. I've saved files before loading new ones.

Even then, it doesn't occur all the time. I have no idea what the issue would be, or even if its specific to ProtoEd (I run antivirus and other security/utility software that might play a role).

In any case, opening a new instance of ProtoEd each time, and editing "in place" (not changing directories) seems to have removed the issues I've run into.

5. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

I sent email about what I think prob might be, can't seem to recreate on my end with that version though... somehow {360} was devoid of any info in the file you sent me. maybe he/she accidently deleted that value? :) was it tried several times with my proggy or just once? Maybe the source file was bad to begin with and when he got another file to make change, in notepad, to he got a good version? Have Huntsman, if he is the one that was getting this problem, email me maybe we can figure out how this happened if it was my proggy or not and why... :D

6. Huntsman

Huntsman Member

Well, I only ran into it one time that I identified the problem file.

As I said, it is a rare occurance even if I do all of the stuff I listed above. I don't have a copy of the bad file, but if it happens again I'll send the file to you and try to give you a better idea of the exact circumstances.

It seems to be a rare issue, and if I'm careful it doesn't occur, so I don't consider it anything to lose sleep over :)

Our Host!