FRUELLA Problem

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Grizzli, Mar 22, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Grizzli

Grizzli Member

Hi everyone I have a problem with accomplishing the "One Bride" quest. I can't recruit Fruella- if i try to talk her she says that her name is fruella and only one dialogue option is left(end of conversation) . I tried everything - I talked with Terjon (cos this quest is related with one of terjon quests as you know), her and her father using the character with 18 charisma and maxed out talking skills(bluff, diplomacy, etc.). I had only get info that Holten is unhappy and he want me to marry her. I am in the last "chapter" when i have to kill Zuggtmoy. Too bad because i would like to have fruella in my team :( Do you know maybe how to solve my problem? If someone could tell me:

1.What files are responsible for quests and another things related with it like dialogue,etc. and where can i get them (Then i could try fix this quest bug manually). I would be grateful if someone could send these files to me with Co8 mod pack 5.00 installed (or not)- maybe it would fix bug.

2.Is there any command which allow to add certain NPC( I know there is already command for having certain quest done)

I can add i have polish version with co8 5.03 mod pack installed, but i have no other problem( well maybe english-polish text mix :D, but I don't mind)

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

This may or may not apply to your situation in the game. Anyway, just in case, marrying Fruella can only happen if the party leader is a male PC character. If your party leader is a female, marrying Fruella is not an option. In the case if your party leader is a female, you need to change your party leader, at least temporarily, from female to male long enough to make the marriage offer and complete the quest. Then, after that time, you can switch back to a female party leader if you want. You can change the party leader by doing a click-and-drag (to the right and to the left) of a PC portrait at the bottom of the game screen to a different portrait slot. When you are done, you can drag the original portrait back to the most far-left portrait slot.

3. Grizzli

Grizzli Member

It didn't help, but i noticed that my version of game didn't make this quest mentioned (there wasn't any trace about quest in diary when i try to talk with Holten about and i accepted the quest). The only way to have it mentioned is through the console. Does someone know what files could be responsible for that??

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Are you sure about that Cap'm? I seem to recall having had non-party leaders marry Fruella; it's just that they had to do the askin' for themselves. (Or so I thought.)

(btw, I always wanted to see a mod where Fruella could be convinced to swing the other way. Hmm, I think I see another offing in the 'Long-Awaited' series . . . :eyebrow: )

5. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

But there are problems with that... For example if you
    talked to her once, then talked to her father and even
    agreed to marry her you can't say that you want to.
    I checked the dlg... something needs to be done IMO.

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I always have the party leader do the talking for my adventuring parties. (People do things according to their preference.) If someone has the party leader talking with Fruella to get Fruella to commit to marriage, in that case, the party leader has to be a male PC. Otherwise, my point is Fruella will not marry a female character.

[EDIT]
    I don't know if that has been changed any time in the recent past. In the past (probably in a Co8 4.x.y MOD), I had a female as a party leader and had male characters in the party attempt to get Fruella to commit to marriage for her to join a party and that did not work. Every other time, I have always had a male character as party leader and the male party leader never had any problem getting Fruella to commit to marriage and join the party.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  7. Grizzli

Grizzli Member

I checked too- I think we have to modify Holten dialog for our version.

TO ALL:
    If someone, who have this quest working properly, could extract Holten dlg file from tooe.dat and post it here we could repair this bug for polish version.

PS.
    It should be named 000xxreclusivefarmer.dlg

8. maggit

Actually it's present in every version and we should change this
    for everyone. Here's the file.

Attached Files:

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ah yes, there's the problem :blink:

{Dobrze, poœlubiê twoj¹ córkê. Przeka¿ê jej dobre wieœci.}{}{8}{pc.stat_level_get( stat_gender ) == gender_male}{80}{}

Grizzli, you know you need a male character with some CHARISMA to get her to commit? She won't marry any old bozo, if I remember her file correctly.

10. maggit

My point is Ted that her father tells the party member to
    talk to Fruella and share the good news she only talks:
    Oh, it's you (or something like that). And the only thing
    the PCs can say is: Good bye, or just stopping to say
    hello.

11. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Uhm, I always have female party leaders, and have never had any trouble getting Fruella to marry one of my male characters. Never.

12. Grizzli

Grizzli Member

Thanx God there is a console for this game - Okay i find out how you can have this quest done by console:
    1. game.quests[12].state = qs_mentioned
    2. Talk with Fruella
    3. game.quests[12].state = qs_accepted
    4. Talk with Fruella and the with her father about wedding
    5. game.global_flags[43] = 1 ( you can also use 42 instead of 43 if smth won't work)
    6. Talk with Fruella :) and whoala. It should work. :Crazy_Tig

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  13. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

I know this is an old post, but for my current run through I have a party of all females, so no one can marry Fruella.

Can I use these console commands listed in this last post to get this quest completed?

Or can I get Elmo to join the team and have him marry her?

14. chano

chano Established Member

I don't Think npcs can talk to other npcs
    one way if you have an open slot is to use a temp character for just that one puropse and then dump him again.

15. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

You can, as chano said, add a male character at the Inn to get married, and then either destroy the male character or attack him till he dies.

Alternatively, you could temporarily change the gender of one of the characters via the console, then use that character to run the dialog with Fruella and her father. Once Fruella is in the group, she doesn't really know which character she is married to, so you can change the gender back to female.

1) Put the character in question in the first slot.

2) Set gender to male:
    game.party[0].obj_set_int(obj_f_critter_gender,1)
    3) Run the Fruella quest.

4) Set gender back to female:
    game.party[0].obj_set_int(obj_f_critter_gender,0)

Our Host!