Modified Rannos & Gremag scenario, part 1

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sitra Achara, Dec 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ok sorry to raise this thread again but ive a question about the new traders plot. now i havnt been actually playing the game in sometime but i just downloaded the new stuff the other day and decided to try it all again. well now im not sure how to trigger the target of revenge. i uncover the agent in the keep and got a 100 gp from the traders to keep my mouth shut then got the short sword for confronting them about the courier. went off adventuring and finally killed of lareth. came back and sold the necklace to trigger the assassin ( i still hate that the only way to trigger that is selling the traders lareths gear). i go tell burne about them and they will no longer talk to me. i get hit by the assassin beat him and go back to talk to the traders about him. they still dont want to talk to me, ok no big deal im use to that. i attack Rammos and start the fight. he calls the guards and the badger shows up to break up the fight. before he gets there though i kill gremeg and the man at arms. i leave and come back in the place is empty. i come back later and Rammos is there with 2 thugs. he tells them to attack me. i end up killing all three cause Rammos wont run away he stays untill the end. so how can the target of revenge be activated if he wont leave?

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I'd like to suggest the encounter being restored to an earlier stage if no one is going to fix it. It's been abandoned twice now. There was a lot of discussion, and all for naught seemingly. It's kinda goofy for it to be broken.

3. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

i wouldnt mind the changes if at least one of them would run away during the second fight or if when they left the first time it triggered the revenge plot before they came back

4. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

My advice is to add dialogue options letting players finish the quests
    for killing off Lareth, revealing the spy and attacking them for being bad
    guys...

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Hi again. It looks like I won't be able to finish it after all, so it'll have to be taken out of the game, unless someone wants to continue work on it.

6. Salk

Salk Established Member

This is sad news...:tears:

7. Aeroldoth

Aeroldoth Established Member

Thanks for sharing this Shadow. I couldn't figure out why the traders no longer fled, as I wanted to trigger the ToR.

"The thuggy peril was no more. The quest for the golden orb, could continue."

EDIT: There may be a bug in my version. If I leave, wait an hour, and return with Rannos (fat one) alive, he keeps attacking and doesn't flee. In fact, he locks the game by not completing his actions. If I repeat above with Gremag (skinny one) alive, he flees normally.

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

While this thread still has a feint pulse, I'll perform some CPR on it. ;)

What's the deal with this mod? I mean I'm going through the game with the aim of re-balancing the additional content (mainly Verbobonc and HB, but also finishing off some unfinished and/or broken content) as I go along.

So like I was saying, what's going wrong with this encounter, how should it work?

Personally I don't like that the butcher rep is given if you attack the badger, especially if you just knock him out instead of killing him, that kind of inconsistency really gets me upset. You could kill a badger outside an be ok as long as you don't kill anyone else, but if you kill him in the traders shop your set to KOS immediately? That kinda sucks IMO.

I can add time events to delay the trader's return.

Any other fix suggestions for this encounter? Please I'd like to hear some ideas.

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

If you're going to go to the trouble of really fixing this (and I agree with what you said about the Badger) may I direct you to post 17 above, where i made some suggestions for how a 'go tell Burne' or 'have to face Burne after doing it' encounter might be possible with existing dlg. Wouldn't have to be anything elaborate, maybe just one or two lines.

10. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Fixing the KOS issue is a good start. As for the rest of it, Those two need to make a break for it once their HP get to 50% or less. I dunno how it is now, but they would happily slay any weaker than themselves, and run away if losing any fight. Before combat, they would try to lie, intimidate, etc. to avoid conflict...or at the very least, turn it to some advantage for themselves. Henchmen, etc. are expendable.

11. Allyx

I've been working on this for a few days, and the script is confusing to say the least, there are 2 modders ideas conflicting with eachother, and making the whole thing confusing...

So I've fixed the assassin confrontation thing (the wrong flag was checked for in the .dlg's) and pulled the majority of this mod out of the files I'm preparing for the next major Co8 update.

I may revisit the idea of expanding/completing this mod in the future, but for now at least, it's out.

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I'd like to point out that while this doesn't sound like a big deal, what Allyx has actually accomplished here is to make it so that PCs can now start combat with R&G (after the assassin comes after them) through dialogue. So no more -

"You tried to have me killed!"
    "No we didn't."
    "Well okay then."
    [randomly attack R&G or not as desired]

I think this very thing was at the heart of the whole R&G matter. So, um, Allyx has basically fixed it without all the other considerations. Way to go, Allyx! :thumbsup:

13. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Just played through the encounter in CMF 5.04. Far too easy to kill the pair of them now - one turned invisible and stood there until I beat him down while the other just picked up AoOs until dead.

Not sure what's going on in the script but perhaps there's something not firing that should be?

[edit: doh! fix not in CMF! Ignore the post of an idiot. This is what comes from having so little time on teh internet :paper: ]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  14. Allyx

Hmm, now that is strange, I thought the fix did make it in the latest CMF, and I didn't mess around with the run off commands at all, I swapped around some code to do with damage, and dropped the Badger interruption bit (does that sound familiar? ;)) and fixed the dialog about the assassin. could you try the fight again please? perhaps you having one of them surrounded broke the runoff command? I certainly had one escape when I did it.

15. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Will do. Gaear in CMF bug reporting said that I might have old files. Frontend reports 5.04 so will check files across.

edit:

have just rerun an attack on them and then checked files. I definitely have the CMF 5.04 py files installed and have deleted the .pyc files just in case before running the encounter.

What I did was just attacked them with a low level party that hadn't finished clearing the moathouse or taken Spugnoir's quests.

The "we must run" floating line triggers and one of them turns invisible but nothing else happens.

Will reinstall in a little bit as it might be a dodgy install (has happened to me before when
    testing something for Blue). But not really sure what is happening without going through scripts to find out whether or not I haven't got a game.state or something similar active for the script to function properly. Scripts were compiling, so that would be my bet.

But time to play the reinstall game.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
Our Host!