Traders in Hommlet

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Arioch, Oct 17, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

If you really want to know, then don't kill them and find out. That's really the best way to go about it.

2. webusver

webusver Established Member

Yes, you are right. But nothing is perfect. And I wanted to kill them NOW more than to know what will happen LATER. May be I'll try it later in a next walkthrough, but I'm not sure if it happens soon.
    And as for sporting interest it's much more rewarding to kill them at 2-level in few rounds, than to meet later and have an ordinary fight.

But the thing I would really test, is the fight between the traders and the giant from Emridy Meadows. I'll try to organise this fight this evening. In the original version the spell "Charm person" ruled real wonders!

3. Cerulean the Blue

Actually, it's about even.

4. TOEEHamster

TOEEHamster Member

My current LG party which has a paladin can't seem to verbal intercourse well with the brothel owner and thus cannot complete the old man's toothache problem. Is there an alternative or am I stuck without a house? = no ambush

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

try talking to mona, the short woman standing outside of the snakepit

6. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well honestly i wouldnt call the second fight ordinary, in fact i always thought the second one was alot tougher than my first meeting with them.

7. malabogia

malabogia Member

I killed those two traders quite some time ago (I think I was about lvl4) and now browsing through the forum, I heard about this revenge quest.
    So killing two of them at the same fight (they tried to escape but one was proned), is there any other way to trigger this quest? (I already bought the house in Nulb)

Thanks

8. Cerulean the Blue

If they are both dead neither one of them can seek revenge. So no, you can't trigger it.

9. malabogia

malabogia Member

opps...on the second run then.

Thanks anyway

(and thank you really so much for answering all my posts, you are great!!!)

10. webusver

webusver Established Member

I did killed them even with the latest CMF5.0.3. I surrounded one trader which is at the left corner and began to kill them. Badger didn't appear because he had no space to enter. And later when I moved out of that corner he didn't appear either.
    So again I killed them, got their stuff and experience. And didn't get the "butcher" reputation.

Our Host!