Patch compatibility

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Pacifer, Nov 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Pacifer

Pacifer Member

Are your patch compatible with the localized ( like the italian's one ) version of the game ?!?

Tnx for reply :)

2. Pacifer

Pacifer Member

No reply :(

3. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Compatible? Umm... I suppose it's probably best for the mods to answer this. Simple changes to protos.tab shouldn't pose too many problems I think. However I don't know if spell names things like Eagle's Splendor are translated in the Italian version. The engine may not recognize the correct syntax if it is geared to pickup the Italian equivalent of the term.

Also, the Brothel and other dialogue changes were all made in English. AFAIK, no translations were made. So if you replace a dialogue file with a modified one from Co8, the resulting dialogue output should come out in English, assuming no problems in reading the dialogue files.

It's hard to comment without knowing what differences there are in the Italian version. I would like to help but I don't want to say yes, let you install it and then run into problems. If you could provide more details, I'll try my best to answer but no promises.

Btw have you/could you patch your game with the official patch?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2003
  4. Pacifer

Pacifer Member

I have ordered the game and I am waiting for that the package arrives to me, mine was a preventive question , 'cause reading on the atari board seems the game is much bugged , asked for that one if the patch of the co8 they were compatible with the localized versions. When the ToEE arrives me sure will answer better

Sorry for bad english ( it' why i choose the localized version ) :p

5. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

I have no idea whether ti'd work or screw something up but I'm pretty sure that if you used the patch you start having things come up in english rather than italian, I doubt it'd work for you. Need to get some italians to implement the changes to your version.

6. Ausir

Ausir Beholder Overseer Veteran

If anyone translates the mods to any other language, please send them to us.

7. Pacifer

Pacifer Member

Localized version of ToEE ( italian's in my case ) can't be patched with thoe official's atary patch ; and until now there's no news about a localizaed official patch i'm really angry about it :(

If #Phalzyr needs some info about the italian's versione of the game pm's me or mail me at prcmpz@freemail.it

Again sorry for my bad english =)

8. Shin

Shin Established Member

Obviously, you BOUGHT the game, obviously, you are ripped off by the stupid localisation policy and bad customer services, I think in this case, for you, W***Z is the solution. Or, if anyhow you can get your money back, then you might consider reordering US/UK version of the game (like I did) from http://www.sps-systems.co.uk/index1.htm, I bought my copy of ToEE(US) from them, the package was slightly damaged during shipment, but the overall fee is lower than US based EBGames.

9. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

No need for info I don't know italian. :) English is my only language... Though I did take some latin classes in high school I don't remember a thing.

10. Ausir

Ausir Beholder Overseer Veteran

Polish version will include the patch (it'll be published here in January), and the Polish publisher also asked me if they could include our mods on a bonus CD :).
    Is anyone against that? :)

Anyway, that's a more professional approach.

Our Host!