down=loads blow

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by gunsrcool, Nov 8, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunsrcool

gunsrcool Member

Every time i try to do the new mods it screws up my game .....this is getting old i am sick of starting over and re-rolling new partys,,,,do people a favor and fix your crap before you put it out

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

You always have the option of not downloading our mods. I, for one, would rather you and people like you did not, rather than do so and then post a general, vague, and inflammatory complaint instead of stating what the problem is so that we can either help you or fix it. Most of the time one of our mods "screws up" someone's game it is because of installation error and failure to read the instructions, not our mods. I am "sick" of helping people who can't take the basic step of reading the instructions.

Also, while we recognize that our releases are not bug free, most of this stems from the fact that we sorely lack testers. Individual modders can only do so much testing, and the small pool of active modders that we have can only test each others work so much and still have time to work on their projects. If more of the members of this forum were active in at least helping to test, rather than registering only to post complaints and wish list, our releases would have fewer bugs.

3. Tahl Stormbringer

Tahl Stormbringer Slayer of the Malign

At this point i would like to send out a big thanks to those Modders who spend their free time to build and improve on a game that was highly flawed.
    Though i am new here, i have worked behind the scenes on a NWN module, and most players have no idea of the amount of hassle that doing even a simple update can cause.
    So, on behalf of those players who do know better, THANKYOU ALL. Your time and diligence does not go un-noticed by us all, though often we do not praise those who build, maintain and develop modules, and the communities that support those modules.

Cheers guys and keep up the extraordinary work!

4. TimSmith

TimSmith Established Member

You DO know that these guys do this out of the goodness of their hearts and do not get paid, don't you? You Do realise that you don't have to use their mods and can instead use the bugged to the point of uselessness original game? You Do realise that posting the exact problem you have had would have a slightly better chance of encouraging the modders to help you?

You, sir, are a churl of the lowest order.

To all the wonderful modders who have made this game a joy for the quiet majority of us, I beg you not to take this moron's words to heart.

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Do people a favour and STFU.

6. Featuri

Featuri Maze illusionist

I totally agree with Tahl's comments.

The more I play, the more I realize what you, modders, fixed and added to the crappy original. Many many thanks !

7. DaBigDawgND

DaBigDawgND I am the Grim Reaper

I would be more than happy to be a tester for you guys, I realize I have been kind of stupid in a lot of ways, but I have learned that every problem as far as I can see has been addressed in all of the threads, especially the sticky notes. These guys have worked their tails off on doing this modding and I for one I damn glad that they are around. Thanks guys for all of your hard work and if you need me I am here to help with the testing phase of your AWESOME mods.

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Sounds like we could have a new recruit for the Legion here Spike. ;)

9. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Say an insult once more on these boards and you're banned.
    If you don't like our mods, you don't have to download and play them. Play the bare installation of ToEE with the official patches, you'll probably enjoy that more than our stuff. You've been warned.

The topic is closed.

- Agetian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!