Patch 2 won't uninstall Patch 3

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Feyd Rautha, Sep 25, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Member

I've been trying to access the console and I have been having no luck.

I've scoured the boards for information, but it would seem the standard advice of simply reinstalling Patch 2 over Patch 3 is not sound.

I was getting an "Old File not found..." error at first, then I reinstallled patch 1 and then patch 2 and no longer got the error. I've even tried a complete uninstall/reinstall.

I still cannot access the console, however. I've tried holding down Shift-~ and tapping it multiple times as well..

I have a "bargain bin, jewel case" edition which automatically has Patch 3. I'm running Co8 5.0.0 and use the frontend to run the game.

Any advice would be appreciated greatly...

Feyd Rautha

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

You should be able to access the console with Patch 3 installed. The fact that you can't means other things are afoot.

I too had trouble accessing the console at first. First I couldn't at all, later I could sometimes if I held the shift key and tapped the tilde key just right, most of the time. Now I have no problem with it whatsoever. I never did figure out what changed. Keep trying.

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

When you go through the same steps and get the "Old file not found" error, check the Task Manager for an executable running related to ToEE update/Rundll that is still running and, in Windows XP, do an end task > End Process Tree. Reboot the computer after End Process Tree. Then, after rebooting, do an uninstall of ToEE and delete all remaining ToEE game files, reboot the computer, and reinstall and patch and mod ToEE.

4. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Member

Does anyone have anything they have tried in the past? I'm rather put off that this isn't working and a reinstall did not help. Nothing happens when I hit Shift-~. I need to use it now especially because I was unaware that in the LG campaign "Desparate Housewives" cannot be completed.

FR

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Are you using a standard US keyboard?

6. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Member

Indeed I am. I remember back in November when I got the game I was able to access it IIRC and the only thing I've changed since then is the 5.0.0 patch and a couple service pack updates (I also got a new video driver, but I don't think that would affect it would it?)

Standard bargain bin game. I believe patch 2 is the one installed although I still have a patch 3 readme, but I'm told that doesn't matter.

I'm trying holding shift down and tapping it, holding it, holding it and then pressing shift... nothing works :( I've even tried caps lock on and off as well as insert on and off.

If thare is more info I could provide which may be affecting it let me know.

FR

Our Host!