Verbobonc?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ShadowDeth, Jun 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I'm pretty sure it can be done, but exactly how? I'm not sure.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Something like this Al?
    Code:
    pc.ai_follower_add(npc)
    Thanks to C-Blue for pointing this out to me in moons gone by.

3. Vendegaar

Vendegaar Cornish Avenger

Well. It looks like I will get another chance to try out the Scarlet Brotherhood thing (NOT by choice)

I upgraded (?) my computer to Microsoft's latest virus (Windows XP Pro) then had windows update install all of the critical updates. The #&%%#* thing wouldnt even boot up afterwards. My old Apple IIe computers were FAR more reliable than windows. The ONLY reason that I use it is that there isn't much choice - Does Co8 have a linux version of ToEE?

I'll try not to kill off everything Evil this time - at least until I get a reason to do so - or maybe not.

4. Enneigard

Enneigard Ogre Chieftain

wait! you mean you can ACTUALLY go to verbobonc?!?!?! with or without the mod?

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@Vendegaar: If asked, I would have suggested downloading and only installing the full network version update of SP2 for XP and, then, not installing other post-SP2 updates, i.e., wait until SP3 is released [if it will be released considering the future release of the Windows Vista operating system].

[EDIT] This is especially true with installing individual Windows updates if someone owns a proprietary system like a Dell computer of which are notorious for causing problems if you do not have all of the latest version of Dell drivers already installed when you apply a new Windows update. And btw, in that case and situation, it's Dell Corp. a person should scream at, not Microsoft.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yup, with the latest Co8 5 mod you can actually go to Verbobonc and fight dragons. Seriously.

7. Vendegaar

I have never bought a name brand computer other than my old Apples.

After owning a computer company that designed computers (Hardware and some software) for military and aerospace projects for over twenty years, I don't buy the overpriced pre-packaged units. I wouldnt own a Dell under any circumstsnces after the infamous voltage rearrangement fiasco between 1996 and 2000, where they changed the pin-outs of their power supplies and mother boards so that anyone replacing either one with an off the shelf unit would blow up the other or both. You had to replace with a Dell unit.

I will have to low level format the hard disk in the other unit so I can use it again. This unit is an old but slow Pentium III 733 Mhz with over 500 MB of ram - but it works.

8. krunch

krunch moving on in life

nah, low-level format is overkill and can be dangerous

The absolute best method is listed below, unless the hard drive has bad sectors and, in which case, the hard drive should be replaced when possible.
    * Walmart sells a new 80 GB Western Digital hard drive for 60 dollars.

[more simple, faster] use a DOS boot floppy or DOS boot CD disk

1. boot to DOS...do a fdisk...delete the existing partitions (all)

2. press the power button and reboot to DOS...do a fdisk /mbr command [use the MBR switch]
    * FDISK /MBR rewrites the Master Boot Record, almost instantly done - just one second or two of time to complete

3. press the power button and reboot to DOS...do a fdisk...make one new partition, the whole drive

4. Insert the Windows XP CD disk, press the power button and reboot, and install Windows XP upon rebooting - let Windows XP format the new partition when it installs the OS

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  9. Vendegaar

Thanks for the shortcut, Krunch. Timesavers are always welcome.

I have been using the manufacturers utilities to LLF the various brands of disks for years. It takes a long time, and I always do a scandisk afterwards - More time.

If I didn't have a bunch of computers of various speeds around here I would never get anything accomplished.

I am still interested in linux. Since a lot of it seems to be done in python, I was wondering if any of the Co8 people would be interested in porting ToEE to linux. I haven't done any programming for years. I just may have to get back into it.

10. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

I recieved the quest to assassinate the Viscount. I told him I would, then I told the Viscount at his home, and he told me to arrest them and gave me Verbobonc shields and green cloaks.. Then I when I went to take care of the evil doers, it said I botched the assassination quest and I completed the quest the Viscount gave me,, is there a way to complete both quest and not botch one of them?

11. Allyx

No, that is how I set it up to work, and it does work. It seems to me that you've been spoiled by the assassination of Lodriss quest, that quest completes when you reveal Skoles plans to Lodriss, but it is not the case in Verbobonc. In my opinion, Skoles quest should be botched if you tell Lodriss about his plans, because the quest is to kill her - how can it be complete if she's still alive?

12. Ettor

Ettor Member

1)I played 4 four times your mod but i did understand if Hextor temple area plot you got at higher level or are simple loot places. Can you expalin this?

2)Other observartion: your mod and the Krunch have made the game very good in med levels 6-8 but not it is ratehr simpel in higher levels ( 10th and past 10) perhaps to rebalance same additions in elemental planes and 4th temple level should be good.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  13. Allyx

The Scarlet Brotherhood have thier purpose... (Highlight text below for spoilers)
    Lerrik, the Viscount's advisor is in charge of Verbobonc's Scarlet Brotherhood population, he wants to assassinate the Viscount so he can assume control of the Viscounty for the benefit of the Brotherhood.
    The Hextor church his only 1 purpose currently... (Highlight text below for spoilers)
    Toruko want's to destroy Fragarach, so I out the Hextor church in Verbobonc so Toruko could hand Fragarach to his master for him to destroy
    There is plenty of room for expansion in the Hextor church, I would have liked to add healing options to his dialogue file or even healing options for any undead followers you may have for one thing.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  14. Ettor

Ettor Member

Could I suggest to give for Hextor temple another optio if player has a good party that have to fight Hextor cult?

15. Allyx

If you'd like to expand on what i've done Ettor (or anyone else for that matter) there are plenty of helpful tutorials around here somewhere, and modders who can offer excellent advice if you get stuck.

On a side note, has no-one found the master of the bazaar of the bizarre yet?

Our Host!