Circle of Eight Mod Pack 5.0.0 FINAL

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Morpheus, Jul 10, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ettor

Ettor Member

For Allyx
    As cheating unbalances the game I dont cheat so I crafted it
    I used it on a paladin as I always seen as DM that as a paladin helm and it is the only one good in game to see and to use for a paladin .

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  2. mos

mos Member

Does the in-game Helm of Brilliance actually function like that (specifically, the fire damage above 30 part)? If so, I'm going to craft one specifically for that result.

3. Ettor

Ettor Member

You can craft a ring for that too. However with the paladin you have no fire protetion, only detect undead.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@ Kalshane, when I tested it, only characters capable of casting the spells the helm uses can make it cast those spells. So while a paladin could get it to cast detect undead, only a cleric or druid would be able to make it cast flamestrike ( substituted fireball for flamestike to remove the need to dual class to craft it), only a good cleric would be able to make it cast consecrate.

This seems to be caused by limitations imposed by the engine that I can't overcome. Try giving a staff of life to a wizard (he can't cast healing spells - so it won't have any options) or a staff of size alteration to a cleric (he also can't cast those spells and won't have any options).

the helm should confer fire resistance 30 but apparently the type to be resisted isn't specified in it's protos (this has now been fixed - see krunch's post below).

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

The staff thing is correct. Wands and staves are spell-trigger items and require the caster to have the spell on their spell list. (Or use "Use Magic Device") Same goes for scrolls (though they're spell-completion items). All other magical items that cast spells should work for any character that uses them.

It's odd the engine has this issue. I've never actually used the boots of speed, but do they have the same problem of only allowing characters that can cast Haste use them?

6. Ettor

Ettor Member

For speed boots there is not such problem. However a helm of brillance should have a limitation because it has good alignement spell (consacrate) so good alignement should be good it seem to be one of teh items as teh white and black robe that are oriented by alignement.
    I read Krunch had fxed teh fire problem on the helm.. I hope to see the fix early.

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The problem is, that I used the "usablemagicstaff" property in it's protos to make it cast more than one spell. I guess I didn't notice the magic staff limitations before, but it is the closest I can make it for ToEE to how it is in the rules.

8. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

Yep - I've tried every combo I can think of for the Useable item effects and I can only get multiple spells with the staff one, and then they must be known by the user. An annoying limitation of the effect and one that's likely to require dll hacking to change. I'll need this sorted for v2 of my Monk's Belt (v1 will just implement one spell X times a day for Abundant Step) so either I or spellslinger may well investigate this at some point.

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

And, that is the same. I updated the Helm of Brilliance as requested by Allyx. It's in my new Hickory_Branch_update file. Also, Blue said he would try to make and post a new Co8 5.0.1 fixes update for us before he takes his vacation of which will include the final update for my new mod, Hickory Branch.

10. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

What is the same? You're confusing me... :scratchhe

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

It still has the magical property usablemagicstaff, remains unchanged. Its elemental resistance now has param1 fire and param2 30 as requested by Allyx and is in my latest new update.

12. Ettor

Ettor Member

Playing the Krunch mode I meet a strange thing that stopped me to end the game the electric trap in great temple is impossible to disable.
    The cause of it it is a thing I already noted the first time I plaied 5.00 and it seems a random bug that stop the rogue to see hidden doors.( I saw that in moathhouse) As in the great temple the trap is hidden in the boxes the rogue cannot see it and disable too.

13. krunch

krunch moving on in life

No, my new MOD has nothing to do with the Temple. My mod does not have any secret doors and my mod does not impact secret doors.

Not being able to see secret doors is a known old issue. Once the issue occurs, you will not see other secret doors you have not been to yet after that in the game. When this happens, you have to unstall the installed mods and uninstall the ToEE game using Add or Remove Programs in the control panel, then, delete ALL of the remaining game program folders in Windows after the uninstalls have been done, reboot, and, then, reinstall the game and install the Atari patches and the Co8 mods you want to install.
    * Note: You have to delete all the remaining folders, including saves - everything remaining after the uninstalls must be deleted.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  14. Ettor

Ettor Member

Lol! so game is ended if you get that bug. You have to begin all.

15. alphaks

alphaks Member

Hello....Thank you guys for all the hard work you did on toee...could this game ever be made as a 2 player game(With one player being the "dm")......alphaks

Our Host!