Circle of Eight Mod Pack 5.0.0 FINAL

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Morpheus, Jul 10, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

This is going to be something your end Lar Gonn. Which version of the game do you have (eg jewel box, direct drive, original pretty packaged version)?

2. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

@Lar Gon, sure sounds like the problems you run into when using the no CD crack. With a lot of the cracks the temple.dll is compiled inside the executable, so placing the correct temple.dll in the right folder doesn't do any good. If you need the no CD option for some valid reason, just look for a patch2 version of the cracked executable that's around 33Kb, it won't contain the dll.

Good luck.

Cuchulainn.

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

More to the point, there is a "NO-CD fix" for each version of Atari Patch for the ToEE game. There are three Atari patches for the ToEE game and, likewise, there are three respective NO-CD fixes. If you mix and match Atari Patch to NO-CD fix and use the wrong combination, there will be problems running the ToEE game.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

AFAIK the patch 2 and patch 3 no-CD fixes are interchangable (exactly the same) but the patch 1 no-CD fix definately has the temple.dll and possibly even more inside it and will definately cause problems with your game.

5. alban lusitanae

alban lusitanae Warmage of Ravenloft

Hello to all. I'm new to the site.
    Let me congratulate everyone for the marvellous job you have all been doing :) I already have something to say about 5.0.0. In the part where the kid makes the presentation of the mod, it says that we longer gain experience for not disarming the trap and triggering it. Huh... guys, in D&D 3.x, every trap has a DC and CR, and you get the XP if you disarm or survive the damage provoked by it. Why have you changed the rule? What other house rules have you implemented? I advise a backtrack and allow XP for surviving trap damage :)

best regards

6. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

I think what that is all about is that previously (before the mod was installed) you could find some chest with a ridiculously high DC and just keep trying to disarm it and gain experience. In a pencil-and-paper game, you wouldn't try to disarm it 6858545 times just for the experience.

Just a theory.

7. alban lusitanae

alban lusitanae Warmage of Ravenloft

yeah naturally, but you still get the XP if you trigger a trap, right? once it's triggered, you get that XP and that's it. You can try as much as you want :)

8. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

that was part of the problem i believe,im not sure exactally what the problem was before. i think it was that you could keep trying and you would get XP each time and no one has been able to find a way to stop the XP after the first try. also if i remember right if you fail to pick a lock or disable a trap you dont get another shot at it untill your next level.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  9. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

This is correct. So Livonya's solution was to remove the XP for failures as I'm pretty positive that it would require a hack to do anything else. It changed a huge gaping exploit into a minor problem.

10. Ettor

Ettor Member

With 5.01 bastard sword is no more 1 hand weapon but it ia 2 hands-weapon I think it is a bug

11. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

did you take the exotic weapon proficeny for bastard sword? you need that to use it one handed.

12. Ettor

Ettor Member

Yes You are right.
    2 sure bugs:
    1)wisdom items dont give spell bonus
    2)helm of brilliance give only detect undead , no fire protetion and other spells.

13. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

A fix has recently been released to fix this, I think it's still being tested
    Did you craft this item or cheat to get it? Is it being worn by a cleric? It certainly worked when I made it, but only when equipped to a character who can cast those divine spells that it can cast.

14. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Why is this? They should work for any character wearing it.

15. krunch

krunch moving on in life

The wizard who crafted the helm felt a vibration so he pulled out his recently acquired blackberry from his pocket and saw a new message from Bigby. Whereupon, the wizard grabbed his new Windows CE palm Orb and password protected the new helm during its magical crafting so it would only work entirely for him and Bigby. :D

Our Host!