No-CD fix

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by HarperRanger, Aug 12, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. HarperRanger

HarperRanger Member

my PC crashed and I had to totally reinstall windows, totally lost my game. i was bummed but oh well, lets me do it right this time.

only thing I can't find on the site is the no-cd fix. anyone got a link?

Thanks,

HarperRanger

2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

The Circle of Eight itself does not host the No-CD fix, and never will, because it is technically illegal.

We do, however, list the possible location for a download as a means of solving a common problem with the game. You can find the related post here: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1856

- Agetian

3. voodoo

voodoo Member

Does co8 modify main executable? I guess not, since you recommended the same nocd as it is for unmodified 2.0 version, but I just want to be on the safe side.

/edit
    One more thing: I want to play regular plain ToEE, without any addons/maps/quests/characters that co8 offers. Since I cannot launch the game with patch #3 installed (it crashes to desktop), it runs OK with #2, except the loot bug which is fixed by patch #3. Which files do I need to fix that bug? I heard there is some modified temple.dll which includes that fix, where can I find it (the latest version, if possible)?
    Thanks and sorry for bothering.

/edit2
    After reading the guide linked in previous post, I figured out the only thing I need (beside patches #1 & #2) is moebius' temple.dll. So, where can I find THE LATEST version (beside the fact it is bundled with co8 5.0)? co8 is a bit too big for my dial up connection, so if c08 5.0 is the only place where I can find latest temple.dll, can someone attach it here?

PS. sorry for very confusing post :)

/edit3
    Don't bother, a friend of mine told me that he just downloaded co8 5.0 so I'll rip the DLL from the package.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  4. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Hmm. Sorcerors Place has the moebius patch on its own (google is your friend even on dialup). You could just install Co8 with the front end, put moebius on the .dll inside the ToEE module and then load up the vanilla game. That should work and you'll also have Co8. Saves messing about trying to pull out the .dll which is in Co8.

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/ToEE/index_misc.php

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  5. voodoo

voodoo Member

Everything seems to work OK with temple.dll from Sorcerer's Place. I did find it before but I thought there is a newer version; but if you say it is OK to play with this one, then this one will be! :)
    Thanks.

6. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

As long as you replace the .dll inside the ToEE module folder (not the ToEE root folder) you should be fine. You might even be fine replacing the .dll inside the root folder but I haven't tried that and can't be bothered reinstalling in case I'm wrong ;)

7. voodoo

voodoo Member

Well, I did replaced temple.dll in root folder, and it works OK (no loot bag, no crashes etc.)

8. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

There are a few important files in the data folder in moebius' zip - those need to be installed as well, otherwise weird shit might happen (stuff like the 511 magic missiles bug). Just extract the data folder in the zip into your ToEE dir and overwrite existing files.

9. voodoo

voodoo Member

Of course; what am I, some kind of n00b? :D
    Actually I'ill try just to apply loot and ntdll bugfixes to temple.dll (since that is described in readme contained in archive) and try to play like that, 'cause almost all other changes there are new spells and items, or minor bugs that don't affect the gameplay (majorly).

/edit
    Here it is, give it a try. Works for me.
    Code:
    http://www.010101.org/voodoo/toeepatch.zip
    /edit2
    Forgot to say, this patch works only on unmodified TEMPLE.DLL supplied by patch #2.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  10. HarperRanger

HarperRanger Member

I'm all set, got everything installed. Just sucks that I'm starting over again. Had a 12 fighter, 11 cleric, 11 druid, 7rng/2dru/1figh, 9wiz/2rog. Almost glad to start over again, do it right this time. Get the nice rolls for my party and get my spells down better on my wizzy. And I'm not gonna max stat my toons or anything. I just want level 20 and all the spells to go with it.

My new fighter is fricken insane with the random numbers I got...

Dwarf Fighter
    Str: 18
    Dex: 16
    Con: 20
    Int: 14
    Wis: 13
    Cha: 10

Wow!!!

Our Host!