5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by HobbesMG, Jul 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

Re: 5.0.1 mods and fixes bug reports

That is strange any idea what could have been there at one time? or What ability from this list would have been the proper one, if its just a .dll typo? The list has always stopped at 158.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Hi all:

I bought some masterwork weapons from the merchant in Verbobonc and when I attempted to improve the longbow str 18 I got a ctd. I searched this thread and didn't see anything about ctd when crafting arms and armor. I'm using a three char party, and Co8 5.0 latest download. btw 5.0 is GREAT...I really like the way the enemies in the temple scale to match your paty's level. The voice overs are really good to, I think whoever did the voice for trent in Hommlet might have found their calling.......well back to a previous save and see if I can get the same ctd or not.

again thanks for all this new content and stuff :)

3. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

Yeah, this exact thing happened to me with one of the crystal oozes in the earth node.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Okay, now I'm running into Earth Temple Bugbears with AC 26. They are wearing breastplates (+5 to AC with max dex bonus of +3 to AC) and using regular shields (+2 to AC). Looks to me like the max AC they could have would be 20. What gives?

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I can't find anything wrong with spells_radial_menu.mes. As for the bugbears, check the breakdown and let me know what it says. I'm assuming you're on level 2. Maybe I missed a bugbear or two.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

May I suggest this is linked to its use of poison '13', whatever that is? The ooze did NOT have this in the original game.

7. Enilno

Enilno Quicksword

Hey modders,

I just finished my first playthrough of the Co8 5.0.0 mod, and really enjoyed all the changes and improvements. Excellent job everyone! :) Nice work on the monster equipment and CR changes. Loved the 'welcoming party', 'return to the moat house', and Verbo-mod.

I encountered a minor end slide bug -- I received a slide stating that Belsornig (Water Temple) escaped ... blah blah blah). I knew I killed him, but I reloaded and confirmed that he is shown in my logbook as killed, plus I had his key. Note that I killed him before applying the latest cumulative patches (i.e., there was no juggernaut when I killed him) and then applied those patches later. Could that be the cause?

(I also encountered an issue with Shenshock that I detailed earlier in this thread. No comments yet (and when I searched I didn't find any record of a similar problem). :shrug: )

[When I finished the game, I was running Co8 5.0.0 with 03-AUG-2006 patches, P&V pack, and TN aligned 4-character party.]

8. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Poison 13 is Carrion Crawler Brain Juice. It was added to Crystal Ooze because they're supposed to excrete a paralyzing poision, and CCBJ was the only paralyzing poison in the game. When I tested the oozes, I could have sworn they caused paralysis like they were supposed to. I certainly didn't get any error message.

Interestingly enough, I just looked at the Carrion Crawler and it doesn't even use it's own poison. Instead it has a "Monster Carrion Crawler" designation. Hmm. Maybe we should replace the crystal ooze's poison with that designation.

9. Cerulean the Blue

The reason the end slides say Belsornig escaped is indeed because you killed him before installing the fix that allowed his script to run. If his script doesn't run, then the variable that says you killed him never gets set, so the end slides assume you didn't.

As to your troubles with Senshock, I am at a loss. The wandering bit is part of the original game, but doesn't seem to happen when resting, so you kind of just have to wait for it (and I don't mean pass time either). He occasionally wanders between his chambers and the Greater Temple where Hedrack and friends are. It's probably based on day/night standpoints, but if you aren't there waiting at just the right moment, he doesn't move. As for why he didn't go hostile on you immediately, if you had some NPC's with you I could venture an educated guess, but since you didn't I just don't know. The only way he is supposed to go hostile by attempting to initiate dialog is if the Temple Alert flag is set, but if that flag is set he's supposed to KOS anyway.

The MWP: Scimitar feat is automatic for druids, but it still shows up in the feat list.

Each masterwork item in Brother Smyth's inventory only has an 80% chance of showing up each time his inventory refreshes. That means items will appear and disappear in his inventory over time.

10. Gaear

This is from a subsequent fight involving more Earth Temple Bugbears, in the room southeast of Hartsch's office on Level 1. This bugbear's AC was 24. The previous one was two rooms removed from this one on the same level.

Attached Files:

11. Cerulean the Blue

Thanks for the screen shot Gaear. If you could take it a step further and click on the blue "AC 24 Miss", it will give you a breakdown of the bugbears AC. If you could post a screen shot of that it would help me figure it out.

12. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Keep in mind that Bugbear's have +3 natural armor and good physical stats. Also, you're using a bow, so there could be cover bonuses involved. As CB said, we'd need to see the AC breakdown.

13. Gaear

Okay, here's the AC shot for the 26 AC bugbear. It looks like cover is indeed the culprit.

Still, I must say, even 22 normal AC bugbears smacks of uber-ism to me. Their +3 dexterity bonus means the only guy in my (decidedly un-uber) party as dexterous as them is my rogue. And I've got 6th - 7th level guys struggling to reach that AC. They ought to be out adventuring. My crew should be guarding the doors. ;)

I know you guys don't make the rules - just blowing off a little steam.

Attached Files:

14. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

If the natural armour stacking with the chain armour is rules compliant, that seems to me to be a big flaw with D&D.

15. Cerulean the Blue

I don't see it Zeb. Why would putting on chainmail suddenly cause something's hide to become softer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!