Circle of Eight Mod Pack 5.0.0 FINAL

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Morpheus, Jul 10, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Do you have .Net 2 installed on your PC?

2. Druzil

Druzil Member

Nope. I take it I need to install it. I read I had to but I thought that was if you wanted to use a certain option in the set up. Must have misread.

I assume if I install it will work then so thanks for the help.

3. Zebedee

If you are trying to run the game with the frontend, you definitely do need to use it :) You might want to delete your current installation and then reinstall once you've installed .Net 2. Use the stickied guide to installation in the main ToEE forum for reference :) If that doesn't solve the problem, start a new thread over in the main forum because it's not going to be an issue with the v5 mod ;)

4. Zebedee

Just to answer this one - the assassination chain of events hasn't been implemented as a quest yet. I'll get round to doing it if no-one does it before I get to it.

5. Jack Holt

Jack Holt Member

Im new to blogging (if this is blogging) and i think im either tiard or blind cuz i cant see where i need to click to get the patch?

any help

cheers

ps i cant spell either,

ok i need some help finding where to click to get the 5.0 patch any help?

ok i figured it out (sorry)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2006
  6. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

i just wanted to say that the new intro movies that you added Gaear are great they really add to the game, Nulb looks really good. thanks :)

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Quick bit of feedback:

The masterwork scimitar did not show up in the masterwork items list of the Blacksmith, because i set them all to show up 80% of the time. I forget why - something about a village blacksmith not having every item under the sun every time. Just sell him a rusty dagger and he'll respawn soon eough.

The problem with Desperate Housewives, namely excess spiders spawning, was not something I could replicate.

The masterwork wood items (bows and such) is advancing :)

8. BTime

BTime Member

Thanks Ted, that clears things up. I thought his items were static. Cool.

9. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

i was wondering about the blacksmith cause sometimes his inventory would change.

maybe you could add some masterwork leather like the brigands wear to bings list.

i am looking foward to being able to find composite bows again and materwork ones since the only bow for sale in town is a shortbow.

how about making some masterwork cloth armor for the tailor :)

10. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

Wow... Did anyone buy the corset? Wasn't expecting that one. Pretty funny, though :D

11. cpdm

cpdm One-eyed wanderer

Black brigand-style masterwork leather armor has been added to Bing's shop and is available via the cumulative updates in the 5.0.1 Mods and Fixes thread.

As far as I can tell there is no such thing as masterwork cloth armor, or regular cloth armor in the d20 SRD. My assumption is that this is an issue of game balance, which makes me hesitant to add it. I would suggest you equip your character with Bracers of Armor. With those you can have up to +5 AC as oppossed to a max of +3 for any magically crafted cloth armor or clothing.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  12. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ahhh yes the black brigand armor is there but alas my poor bard prefers red, you know he has to be a bit flashy lol....i was teasing ted about the cloth armor, if i wanted it id just add it myself of course with the rings and cloaks of protection magical cloth armor would be pretty good lol.......

@whatsername74 yeah i had to buy it for one of my femal pcs to see what it was like lol it is funny, so is the murader armor and gladiator armor. they are ok for the guys but for the girls hmmmmmmm they would sure be a distraction in battle lol. :eyebrow:

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

And very well done I might add :)

In ToEE if u stack magic armour with bracers, the 'pluses' stack so, bracers + 5 and chain +3 give u +8 to AC (where they shouldn't stack). So Masterwork cloth would be absolutely rortable - I mean personally, I would be the first person to do it :p but its probably not something we should encourage.

L_G: Masterwork bows, composite bows etc are now available from the cabinet-maker, if u find some cunning way to supplt him with high quality timber. but it takes him a week to make the stuff, as per the rules.

14. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

cool ted is that in the fixes thread now ready to be installed?

15. Zebedee

Yes, Blue's cabinet maker respawn is in the latest cumulative fixes. If the post on the fix thread has green writing edited in, then it's in the latest full version of cumulative fixez available for download.

Our Host!