Circle of Eight Mod Pack 5.0.0 FINAL

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Morpheus, Jul 10, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. SirBel

SirBel Member

I'm having an issue with portraits. The stock portraits are gigantic in the choose mode, and what looks like added portraits only show an arrow cursor pointing up in the left-hand corner of the box where the portrait should be. Any suggestions?

2. MB

MB Member

Found a bug....which you guys are probably already are aware of, but here goes....

halfling rogue does not receive the +1 to hit with sling/missiles. he does get the +1 for small size though.

Just thought I'd mention this...btw I've the latest 5.0 final installed.

Thanks again for your hard work.

mb

3. MB

MB Member

SirBel,

Do you have TOEEFE loaded? If so, and you are using the P&V pack, you must choose which portrait pack to use. If there are several portrait packs that you want to use, once you've created your character, you must quit the game, reload the game (via TOEEFE) switch portrait packs, create your new character, quit the game, repeat this process for each different portrait pack. Once you've created all of your pcs, restart the game, choose the play file portrait pack and you should see all the portraits the correct size.

4. MB

MB Member

Doh! If you are using custom portraits and you are seeing arrows in the choose portrait window, then you probably need to look at the custom portraits to ensure that they are the correct size. Additionally you must also ensure that the portraits are correctly listed in the portrait file.

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Are you using the Portrait Packs? Or vanilla 5.0.0?

6. SirBel

SirBel Member

I selected "all portraits" in TOEEFE.

7. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

This might seem like a stupid question, but did you install the Voice & Portrait Packs? Those do not come included with 5.0.0, and that is what the "All Portraits" file is supposed to be used with. It was included in the beta because at that time the V&P Packs were not 5.0.0 compatible. They are now, and I should have removed those files from the 5.0.0 Final version. That's the I-don't-know-how-many-eth error I have made now in putting 5.0.0 together.

In any case, "All Portraits" should never be used during character creation (as is stated in the V&P Packs instructions). If you are not using the V&P Packs, it should not be used at all. Use the "Original File" instead.

8. SirBel

SirBel Member

Thanks CtB!

9. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Few exceptionally minor 'bugs':

Renton's floating text is too close to the top of the screen at 1240 resolution. It cuts his portrait in half.

All the children in the village use Kent's portrait. Never noticed until now. Perceptive, moi.

3 of the 5 kobolds (including the kobold sergeant) don't highlight with the 'tab' key after death and before looting - this happens elsewhere in the game, and I don't see any rhyme or reason for why it happens. (Probably unfixable?)

Jaroo needs a check about killing spiders which doesn't involve finishing the quest. Minor inconsistency without the quest.

Floating text reads: "Posion secondary damage". Should be poison.

Terjon needs shutting up about the servant converting.

As I said, all very, very minor.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2006
  10. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

umm what happened to the goblin with Black Jay's wife's ring? he isnt there anymore

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

That goblin must've found his way back to the party in town, upstairs. Hmm, which way did he go? Don't look or go there. Look elsewhere for it. It's been modded. Keep your eyes open and go on about your normal daily routine and doing quests in Hommlet. You'll find it. And, it's new fun, too!

12. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

He didn't like the changes we made to the game and quit in protest. -_-

13. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

:D

So Moebius...

:evilgrin:

14. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Good. That means it's working. A goblin hanging about in Hommlet was kind of silly anyway.

15. BTime

BTime Member

Just a couple of things I've noticed so far. **SPOILERS AHEAD**

Running my 1st group through with a Lawful Evil party. My Chaotic Evil fighter gets the quest to kill someone innocent, but it did't appear in my journal as expected. I eventually saw that it generated an entry under Reputations and didn't bother to list the name of the targeted innocent. Hopefully others have a good memory =)

Druid spell missing; There is a gap between the spell Animal Trance and Lesser Restore.

Neither my halfling rouge or gnomish bard can equip light weapons with a shield excepting shortswords. I didn't test with every light weapon available, but was pretty disappointed my rapier was totally unusable.

I found Jay's ring and was told to fed-ex it to a certain place. Nothing in my log and I can't recall the exact person it was supposed to go to. Having gone to said place and finished the map, I think an event that was supposed to occur did not.

Now if only I could find my way to Verbobonc, Lareth wants to visit strange and unusual places. hehe..

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006
Our Host!