"Pure" mod?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Kwyn, Oct 26, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kwyn

Kwyn Member

I was wondering if you'd had many requests to do a straight bug fix mod that didn't include any of the new items or non-standard rule changes?

One of the things I wasn't particularly fond of in the original patch was the inclusion of unintended magic items. While they weren't particularly gross or overpowering, they still impacted the game in a content way as opposed to a strict correction of bugs.

So, for your work after the official patch, have you thought about doing a "straight" mod in addition to a "tricked up" mod?

Thanks for all your work!

2. Rebel

Rebel Member

Huh? Unintended magic items? What where those? The Ioun stones? Trust me, -those- doesnt really lend that much of a hand..

3. Ausir

Ausir Beholder Overseer Veteran

Actually, they weren't unintended - Troika just didn't have time to implement them all...

4. Vaevictis666

Vaevictis666 Established Member

Kwyn, I'll be spending some time over the next few updates getting this sort of stuff working - It'll be a base patch with just fixes, and optionals for extras and such.

5. Kwyn

Kwyn Member

Thanks!

I support fully the idea of modding games. Who wouldn't? They had a great deal to replayability and the community. I do however think that there needs to be a "baseline" from which everything else is built.

In a relatively bug-free game, most people can just start with the actual game as the baseline (imagine that). From there, mods can be whatever they like.

However, with Co8 actually having to fix broken aspects of the game, it's nice to be able to pick and choose and if a player wants a straight bug fix, it's cool to have that option.

In addition to the stones, I believe there were also some wands that were added.

Whether the lack of various MW items was intended or not is something I don't know anything about.

Our Host!