i cant find mickey

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Scatharach, May 19, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Scatharach

Scatharach Member

on the gypsey's quest to find the orb of sah in nulb, i looked all over & cant find this mickey. what do i do?

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Go inside a building (any building, but preferably not the boatman's tavern - unless you want your pockets picked.) and pass time until evening. He should be easy to find in Nulb at night (just outside the boatman's tavern).

3. Enneigard

Enneigard Ogre Chieftain

or open the console & type "[code deleted]" without the parenthesis. youll have the orb of sah.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2006
  4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Enneigard - let's refrain from recklessly handing out console commands and 'give' codes to members, particularly those who haven't asked for this information.

We try to encourage people to play though the game rather than console their way through. Consoling in items is typically recommended only if an installation or save has become corrupt or a quest is bugged and there are no alternatives to proceed, or for testing purposes. If Scatharach wants the code for the Orb of Sah, he can ask for it or search for it himself. Your post has been edited.

5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Actually, he's outside the Waterside Hostel. (SW corner of Nulb)

6. Scatharach

Scatharach Member

thanks for the info.

7. Scatharach

Scatharach Member

what do you mean by that? is someone really stealing my items there or am i just misplacing them?

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

He's talking about the chance you might not catch the wenches attempt at pickpocketing you every time you enter.

9. Macer Deathstriker

Macer Deathstriker Member

You can always go back to hommlet and meet mickey at the brewery during the days. But i don't think he will talk to you about the orb then, but normally when i return to Nub it is night and i can get the orb from him then.

Macer

10. Scatharach

Scatharach Member

she steals from me huh? so do i kill her? or just steal from her?:dead:

11. rufnredde

rufnredde Established Member Veteran

There is a thread about that somewhere, it's either here or on Sorcerer's Place.

She steals from the PC that is selected, when you make the transition from Nulb into the Inn. So select the character that has the best stats and skills to catch her. When you do catch her you will have some dialog choices to make, play it out your own way from there or just save before you go into the Inn, and play it out different ways if you like. Keep in mind that if you kill her, you must kill all her cronies in the bar. Closes the door on some other role playing opportunities. Have fun with it is my suggestion, you only get to play it unspoiled once.

12. The Rogue Trader

The Rogue Trader Established Member

Macer: No, talking with mikey at work won't help. You have to catch him while in Nulb.

About the pickpoketer in the Riverside hostel, stealing from her doesn't seem to work, too. I tried it when she stole my rogue a new Masterwork Studded Leather Armor.
    I noticed it only when my rogue turned and I saw that she was stark naked under her cloak. The funny side of roleplaying...
    I tried some pickpoketing, but, even when the text said it was successful, I never got my armor (or any item, BTW) back. I had to buy it again :X I was so enraged that I edited her .dlg for revenge.

13. Macer Deathstriker

Macer Deathstriker Member

I didn't think it did but i was giving an alternative to sleeping in Nub without your house, I.E the time wasted traveling to and from hommlet. I never sleep in Nub without that house you can buy, something about just not trusting pirates.

Macer

14. krunch

krunch moving on in life

1. Have you ever noticed that sometimes, one serving wench stands close to your party and other times the same serving wench is standing at a distance away from your party when your party enters the hostel?

2. Have you ever noticed that sometimes, you see the same serving wench appear to be like she had been moving as soon as your party entered the hostel and she is standing near to your party?

3. Have you ever noticed when your party enters the hostel in Nulb, the dress of that one particular serving wench sways back and forth when she is standing near your party?

Sometimes, she attempts to steal from a party, and other times, she does not attempt to steal from a party. And, no, it's not that there's something special or unique about your party, dude. She's a full fledged, five-finger discount clepto.

[COMMENTARY EDIT] As far as a RPG goes, I wouldn't be surprised in a camapign environment if the game designers as the DM, specifically, had it in mind that the owner of the hostel [who is her boyfriend] slaps her around and beats her up if she doesn't come up with some cash every week. Nulb is, after all, a bad place - a place of mean people according to Elmo.

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  15. Enneigard

Enneigard Ogre Chieftain

simply scatharach, you need someone with high skill in spot, diplomacy or intimidation. when you catch her stealing from you, rensch will get mad saying your "distorting her honor" or something like that, but if you intimidate him or use diplomacy you can find an easy way into the temple. (just my experiences thats all, steer clear of it if you need to.)

Our Host!