cleric level up with no spells.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by biobaba, May 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. biobaba

biobaba Member

I am using ToEEFE with 4.0.0 along with atari patch 2
    currently activated Max HP for PC when level up/humble NPC/max level set to 20

As my cleric reaches level 5 I only gained spell slots for level 3 spells (for both domain and normal spell) yet I did not see any level 3 spells on my list as if I don't have any spells for level 3 at all.

Not quit sure it's a bug due to the mod or something else.

Thanks for any information on this in advance ;)

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

What is your Cleric's Wisdom? A cleric has to have a Wisdom of at least 10+Level of Spell in order to cast a spell. (Likewise for Druids, Paladins and Rangers. Wizards need Intelligence and Sorcerers and Bards need Charisma.) If your cleric's Wisdom is a 12, he won't be able to cast any spells higher than 2nd level.

3. biobaba

biobaba Member

My cleric's wisdom is 15

4. Enneigard

Enneigard Ogre Chieftain

use some items to get it up to 16 and up, +3 means 4th level spells, +4 equals 5th, & +5 equals level 6, which has spells you cannot cast. :(

5. Kalshane

Weird. I've never seen that problem before, then.

What? The system is Ability Score must = 10+Spell Level in order to cast. Which means 3rd level spells require a 13 Wisdom. The ability score modifier only applies to the save DC of the spell. Also, a high ability score determines the number of bonus spells.

6. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Just tried the installation in OP, cleric worked fine.

Take out your save games and put them somewhere safe. I'd say nuke that installation (remove every file from the Atari Toee folder) and do a full install according to the sticky instructions.

Try a new game. Is the problem still there? (use the xp console command to save having to level up). If not, then you could try your saved games (but if it's a corrupt saved game it might mean having to reinstall...).

If the problem is still there, you've got a super bug there :)

7. Enneigard

Enneigard Ogre Chieftain

what does DC mean? and what does CR mean as well, to clear that up......and yet.......which is higher? 2d4 or 1d12?

8. Kalshane

DC=Difficulty Class. It The target number for a roll.

CR=Challenge Rating. How powerful a monster is. When compared to the characters' level, determines how much XP they get for defeating it.

2d4 represents a roll of 2 4-sided dice, meaning it can produce values between 2 and 8. 1d12 is a roll of a 1 12-sided die, meaning it can produce values between 1 and 12.

These are basic components of the rules. The game manual, the in-game help are great resources for the rules. As is www.d20srd.org.

Our Host!