Monk Levels

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by jamis, Apr 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Enneigard

Enneigard Ogre Chieftain

your right.......eh........trolls arent really that good of characters anyway

2. jamis

jamis Member

I would have to disagree there. If your playing a high level evil campaign Trolls make excellent warriors, and even better Barbarians.

If your a DM with a high level party that's getting a little too big for it's britches, a Troll with levels in barbarian is a good way to knock them down a few pegs. The looks on people's faces when you tell them the Troll rages is absolutely priceless. :eek:

3. Enneigard

Enneigard Ogre Chieftain

yea, that would rock too...a troll barbarian :chairshot but i was talking about my lawful alligned team. they wouldnt really work on there.:chainsaw: because of the paladin.

4. Drew

Drew Kind of a prick

Trolls don't have to be chaotic, you know. There's no reason that a Troll raised in, say, a bugbear monestary couldn't become a monk. In fact, a troll or a creature of any other particularly chaotic monster race who desires to be lawful could actually be attracted to the monastic lifestyle as a means of controlling its own chaotic tendencies.

5. Enneigard

Enneigard Ogre Chieftain

cool. but are their any trolls on TOEE that desire to be lawful rather than chaotic evil? (oohlgrist seems to be the only one, but hes evil.)

6. Drew

Drew Kind of a prick

If a Troll monk were to be added to the game, it would likely need to be woven from whole cloth rather than pasted over an existing troll. I just don't see any of the trolls you deal with in game as "lawful".

7. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

:poop::poop::poop:

This is only my opinion, mind you...

8. Enneigard

Enneigard Ogre Chieftain

how about a good or lawful hill giant? perhaps even a neutral one?(as you said, all of them cant be chaotic evil)

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

There are other types of giants than Hill Giants of which have alignments other than CE.

---> Giants in D&D <--- click there

[EDIT] And, they are not just bigger and have more HD and a higher CR, they are smarter and cast spells, too.

Last edited: May 22, 2006
Our Host!