Crafting Ioun Stones

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sarenyon, May 15, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sarenyon

Sarenyon Member

OK, my 10th level wizard is able to craft Ioun staones with the craft Wondrous Items feat.

Where do you put Ioun stones to get them to activate? I think I have tried them in every equipment slot and I get the item is the wrong type for this slot message. I looked for this topic but could not find it, so sorry if it is a repeat.

Thanks

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

In 4.0.0, They just have to be in your inventory. We used to have it so you equip them to the thieves tools slot (but where would you put the belt of giant's strength?), then there was discussion to move it to the helmet slot (but what about the helm of brilliance?), but as the Ioun stones effects now work from (and indeed stack the way they're supposed to) your inventory, all you have to do is leave them there, and you'll get the magic stone animation to let you know it works.

3. Sarenyon

Sarenyon Member

OK, I have a dust rose in the inventory, no change in characters AC and I believe no nifty animation moving around characters head. Is there a certain way to activate it.

And yes I do have all the updates through 4.0.0

Thanks for the prompt reply

4. Allyx

the animation only fires once (try giving it to someone else) and it does give a +1 deflection bonus to AC to the character who has it. Check your character's inventory, and click on the number that represent's his/her AC, it will give you a breakdown of your AC and shows anything that doesn't stack as well.

5. jamis

jamis Member

Are the stacking rules in affect for magic armor bonuses in the game? If they are, and you already have an item that provides a deflection bonus to ac then you won't see a difference as they don't stack.

6. Allyx

Exactly, but it will still show "does not stack with..." in the break down window. It's mostly spells that grant deflection bonuses to AC "shield of faith" is just one example, there are plenty of others.

7. Enneigard

Enneigard Ogre Chieftain

oh . (i know i ask this in almost every thread but where do you get these particular things & which of your mods gives me them?)

1. Ioun stones & Archmagi robes
    2. The odd weaponry (Swamp Lotus, Composite Longbows, Mithral Longsword, Masterwork Flute)
    3. THE SCORCHING RAY SPELL, & how i can be able to cast level 6 spells (chain lightning, heal, harm)
    4.the TOEE character editor (adjust stats, change to odd races, go beyond level 10)

8. Allyx

Co8 4.0.0 or later
    Livonya's mod 1.5.1 or later
    Co8 3.0.4 or later
    you can go beyond level 10 since Co8 3.0.4, the character editor can quickly corrupt your saved characters, I haven't (and wouldn't) use it.

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Swamp Lotus

Lotus Fox

Swamp Moss

Swamp Lotus weaponry - we have a new one! :grin:

10. Enneigard

Enneigard Ogre Chieftain

thanks for the info allyx, i will find the things i need. :chew:

11. Jakneife

Jakneife Pit Fiend

Something weird is going on with these things. The stones my character crafted are not in his inventory. He had a full inventory when they were crafted and it looks like he's garnering the benefits of each one - as though they've been activated by him (even though most of them were not for him). I'm thinking this is a game hiccup as my wizard's familiar is also not coming out of his backpack. Anybody have ideas that might help me out here?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  12. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Those stones are gone and lost, sorry. :wave:

When you have a full inventory, extra stuff go to a virtual backpack that you can't acces, but it's functional (or something like that).

Enjoy your uber-wizard, or reload/recraft.

13. Jakneife

Jakneife Pit Fiend

Thats a bummer. Definitely won't be so careless next time. Thanks muchly for the help.

Our Host!