Is it possible to introduce mithral and adamatine items into the game?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by biobaba, May 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. biobaba

biobaba Member

I dont know any thing about mod . I am just wondering if its posiible to put mithral and adamatine items into the game...

So can get something like +2 mithral full plate pr +1 adamatine shield etc.

Thanks for your attention.

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Mithril and Adamantine items are in the game. Some are magical. Some are not magical, but can be crafted.

3. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

What Krunch is trying to say is that mithril and adamantium items were introduced into the game with Co8 4.0.0 (maybe even earlier).

4. Enneigard

Enneigard Ogre Chieftain

(is there any mods to tweak the colors of armor in the game?) and, i havent seen one adamantine weapon in the whole game, i think ive seen a mithral longsword before (looks like a fantasy longsword) somewhere in the temple (3rd floor, the one with the leucrotta & wisps.)

5. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

There are no mithral or adamantine weapons in the game as of yet. Mithral does nothing for weapons (other than make them lighter). Adamantine in 3.5 is yet another material for bypassing DR (usually for constructs) but DR/Adamantine is not used in the engine, so barring a someone capable of hacking it into the temple.dll there is no way to add adamantine weapons. I mean, someone could add a weapon and call it "adamantine X" but it wouldn't actually do anything.

The adamantine armors were easier to add because they had a specific function that was already implemented in the engine (DR) that wasn't tied to the engine recognizing the material itself.

6. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

I would like to point out that with my games, once I purchased the Adamantium Breastplate from Ah Fong my game would crash from then on. Every time. I am not sure why but it did not do so with the Dwarven Plate. I do not know if this is a bug or hardwired flaw but it sucks as I love the look and stats but what else can I say if it causes issues.

7. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Admantium Breastplate does not cause a crash in my games. It has never done that in my games patched with Atari Patch1+Patch2 and the Co8 MODs. It has something to do with your install and patching of ToEE on your computer. Please read the stickied Co8 Install Instructions thread.

Note: If that bug in your installed game you are playing is in your saved games, it will most likely continue to remain broken where your saved games cannot be fixed. You might be able to get by with re-patching your installed ToEE and starting a new game of ToEE. You might even have to uninstall ToEE, reinstall ToEE and patch the new installation of ToEE on your computer to fix that.

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  8. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

You really shouldn't. The advice you're giving is flawed. As a new member here with many questions of your own, you should not yet be giving out all this advice. It's spam a far as I'm concerned. Speak less and listen more.

9. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

Maybe it is because I am an evil party. But I am going to go back to a good party and try again. I will let you know. Only if the cost wasn't so damn high. I guess you really do get what you pay for.

Our Host!