If you can't beat em...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shiningted, Apr 16, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

My goodness Mr Krunch, I tihnk that flesh golem idea just might be it! KUDOS!!!

Thanks for all the help guys, some of those ideas aren't right for reasons I won't stipulate (spoilers) but I appreicate it.

And yes we need psuedo-dragons, the sooner the better!!!

And as for the cockatrice's cousin - perhaps i should have said her other half...?

EDIT: Maybe its the Ultima in me, but dang we need mimics too...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Now if I can just convince you to throw in a couple of orcs with the flesh golem.. *laff*

3. Shiningted

Can someone point me to the SRD rules on turning-by-HD? Or, how the turning level is calculated in general? I just had a look and couldn't find anything.

EDIT: Never mind, found it in the Combat Part II section.

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

5. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

how about demons like darley? their natural spell resistance should shield the a bit against charms or so + their natural armor makes them harder to hit, and they are mostly spell casters (mainly sorcerors) so they have things like charm person, melf's acid arrow, tasha's hideous laughter, burning hands... also, it shouldn't be hard to texture these creatures to have demonic features like red skin and so on. in fact i can take care of this texture work myself if you want to (i'm skilled with 2d arts of that type and i like messing around with them)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  6. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

or wait a sec'... ooses are naturally immune to charms and enchantment, so maybe you should double the ooze model's size, give it a specific colour and the stats and attributes you seek, and call it a 'boiling demon(or dragon) blood' or a 'dragon bile'(would go well with the dragon bile poisoin as ability).
    a nice thought on oozes is a fiery ooze: ooze coloured like flowing magma, with a fire field surrounding it (like the flamebrother) and when it is hit by someone the attacker takes fire damage (like most fire creatures) besides i imagine it would look kinda cool to see a living lake of fire and rage dropping it's huge fluid volume against a humanoid to sear the hell out of his butt, esspecialy if he was wearing an armor in a way that the contact point with the fiery lava of the ooze when it attacks is a direct skin contact (ouch)

7. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@Icy edge: I believe ShiningTed has a specific idea in mind for something he is secretly working on in his mad hatter dungeon. However, there is work to do, and if you ask ShiningTed, Cujo, Virtual Spaceman, and Nerik - maybe some others, too, you should be able to find a cool modding spot at the table.

8. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

This certainly is a good idea, as my 2D (and imagination) skills may finally come to frutition for a good cause...

9. Shiningted

Oozes... I hate oozes so I didn't think of them, but they are a good idea, they certainly fit the bill.

Maybe an iron golem covered in green slime ;) Or a gelatinous dragon :D

10. Dragon_Awakened

Dragon_Awakened Wandering Warrior

I'm no programmer

Zombie Bugbears (probobly a cr 3 or 4.)
    Vampire Leader with 2-5 Lesser Vampires
    Mummy
    Half-Fiend Warriors (minimum cr 6 as far as I know) (spell resistance, fire immunity, etc.)
    Stone Guardian (Look in the old 2nd edition for details or if there is a template for the stone golem lower some of it's abilities.)

11. Blair

Blair Unwanted Construct

IIRC, Ted, the turning resistant undead Liv made were composed by giving them more HD of a lower size (i.e. 6d6 instead of 3d12 effectively means it has been granted "+3 turn resistance"). But I'm fond of golems myself... bwa ha ha hahahah!

--Blair
    "Yes, shocking, isn't it." :zap:

12. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

You can make it what you wish by creating "unholy" areas...sanctified in reverse, as it were, making the forces of light less powerful in opposition. I created zones of such negative energy from -2 to -5 for an adventure featuring a dwarven cleric lich as the main evil doer. At the central zone was an evil artifiact of great power. Amulets, charms, phylacterys, etc. can also grant this effect to individual creatures.

U da DM, Ted....go for it!

13. Shiningted

U know, we need these amulets for the Zombies in the Temple of Evil Chaos, so yeah maybe I will have a hack at making them now.

What about undead slime-dragon constructs? Satisfy everyone? ;) Damn we come up with some good stuff when we put our heads together!

14. Icy edge

Icy edge Jeet Kune Do

it shouldn't be too hard to make an undead dragon with features like dead skin color and scars and ragged tattered wings red glowing eyes(it requires some work nontheless), but i'm having a hard time imagining how to make BONE DRAGONS.... they should be the mightiest undead ever...

15. Scorched_Earth

Scorched_Earth Established Member

As in..Dracoliches? Mighty indeed...BTW, great ideas guys. How about flesh golems made from demon carcasses? Demonic flesh golems so to speak.

Our Host!