D&D Movie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shiningted, Jan 12, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I saw something in the video store today, D&D: The Elemental Might. Anyone heard of / seen this? I couldn't borrow it, i needed something to watch at work tonight and had to get something my (female) partner could watch too. Damn chick flicks. :roll:

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

A quick search reveals:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0406728/

It's a working title for the second movie, which became known as Wrath of the Dragon God. This might win you Final Jeopardy (or more likely, Trivial Pursuit) one day, but not much else.

:(

3. Lord_Spike

Ordered my copy from Amazon....ooooboy oboy oboy!

4. Shiningted

Well now I've actually seen it... not overly impressed, but GENUINELY a D&D movie, no doubt about that. And better than the last one obviously.

Got a bit of a shock when the cleric's part was curtailed... but hey, some times the dice rolls suck.

5. Lord_Spike

My copy got here today....widescreen, baby! I'll let you know if there's any changes from the sci-fi tv version. BTW, how'd you finally get a look at it?

6. Shiningted

O well it was right there in the video store (or DVD store as it now primarily is), they really have started hiring out some funky stuff. They have a whole Asian section with everything you could want with Jet Li or by Kurosawa.

I have no idea where to buy it here though, haven't seen it in the shops.

7. CatBoris

CatBoris Member

Just been watching this movie for a few minutes, and I was surprised when I first saw the (presumably) head-honcho of evilness... They cast Harold the Ghoul? Where is his tree? :D

8. Scorched_Earth

Scorched_Earth Established Member

Haven't seen the movie yet, I'll most likely see it this weekend since my D&D buddies already have and say it's great. They're mostly stoners though so who knows...Anyways, thought this might be interesting.

I was watching Attack of the Show on G4 last night and they brought the director of the film on the show so Pereira could interview him.They talked about how the movie tried to stick as closely as possible to the actual 3.5 rules and about the storyline and a few other stuff. What I found most interesting though was that he was asked if he actually did play D&D, to which he answered that he did, but had been focused most recently on cRPG's, including Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter, etc. He then mentioned that he was currently playing ToEE, something about a half-orc barbarian if I'm not mistaken. I have half a mind to contact him and direct him towards Co8, otherwise he could be very dissapointed!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  9. Shiningted

As my dumb guy dialogue often says, half a mind is better than what I currently got! Go for it!

10. Lord_Spike

He could work on a ToEE trilogy movie...!

Ted...their party needs a Cleric, too!

11. Shiningted

Are you kidding? I seen what happens to their clerics... :nervous:

12. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

they get colds?

13. Blair

Blair Unwanted Construct

Um, yeah, if by "cold" you mean "cold, dead body, occasionally gratuitously mangled."

--Blair
    "Go, Team Cleric!" (sorry... couldn't resist, Rich) :coffee:

14. Scorched_Earth

Scorched_Earth Established Member

Yeah...Pereira actually mentioned the whole cleric thing in the interview, something about "nobody ever liking the clerics" and how he dies pretty quickly. I found that pretty offensive, considering in the PnP adventure I'm currently in, I play an elven fighter/cleric of Fharlang (2nd ed AD&D). And I must say, between the bard and myself we pretty much run the entire party. The cleric is always everyones best friend, specially a fighter/cleric. Massive Healing/Buff spells, Fighters ThacO (or "to hit bonus" for you 3.5 types), any armor, d8/d10 Hit Die, and insane cleric Saving Throws. You can't go wrong.

15. Lord_Spike

The movie on SciFi here in the States featured a number of D&D commercials...including one just before the funeral scene which gives the top 3 rules of the game:

1. Never split the party
    2. Always check for traps
    3. Don't let the Cleric get killed

Our Host!