Anticlimatic Meeting....

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by aanalore, Feb 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. aanalore

aanalore Member

So..I decided to try somethinga bit different.

I went to the Air Node and rescued Ashrem, the brother of Alremm, who heads the Fire Temple. I left Alremm alive specifically for this purpose. I wanted to see what, if anything, would happen if the two met. (Alremm reportedly had betrayed his brother and thrown him into the nodes.)

Anyway, something was wrong from the start: when I spoke to Ashrem and he said that he wanted vengeance against his brother. One of my dailogue options was "He's already dead. I killed him," or something along those lines. But I hadn't killed him yet. (I chose the dialogue that said "Maybe I can make [a meeting] happen."

Anyway, undaunted, I trudged back to Alremm's place. I sent Ashrem into the room...and nothing happened. Not a peep of dialogue was spoken between the two. There was no visible sign of recognition...no reaction at all.

So...long story short...I klled Alremm shortly before Ashrem met with an unfortuante "accident."

My question is this: has anyone else brought these two together? If so...did anything happen? Any idea why I would get the "he's already dead" dialogue when he clearly wasn't? I had adventured a bit into the fire temple prior to this, and I'd killed most of the Bugbears and hte other priests there. Is that the possible cause?

2. Enilno

Enilno Quicksword

I brought the two together in a recent game (though I didn't try sending Ashrem in alone as you did -- good idea to see if they would converse) and we ended up in a short fight that left Alremm dead. Ashrem was unhurt. Ashrem made no comments and his dialog did not change. Anticlimactic indeed. BTW, I hadn't even been to the fire temple prior to recruiting Ashrem from the Air Node. I guess this was something that just didn't get fleshed out properly as Troika rushed to finish the game.

3. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

poor/unfinished quest and dialogue writing would be the cause.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Sounds like a good start for future development ;) best of all both characters have voices for thier dialogues. Ted, fancy a new expansion for playfull NPC's? :)

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Was just thinking that, if there is anything in the voice files, I'll give it a hack.

Is the fire temple guy voiced? The air node lunatic is.

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

He certainly is, not sure if he ever mentions his brother's name, but he certainly has mp3's, in the sound/speech/00122 folder.

Our Host!